Coil question

Are the 2.3 and 5.0 coils the same? They sure look the same, but I'm not sure. :) If my 2.3 was dying, and I replaced it with my 5.0, what coil would be a good swap for the 5.0? Price and performance wise.

Thanks all.

Brad

Reply to
Brad

the 5.0 ciol will work, FWIW I installed a duraspark distributor in a friends street/strip mustang the other day, I used the 87 4 cyl. efi coil and a (cough) GM HEI module. Hasn't missed a beat and I saw 7000 rpm in the water box. OOOPS, no rev limiter!

Reply to
winze

I *think* Brad is talking about the distributorless coil pack, and the fact that the 5.0 uses TWO of the 4 cyl units.

And Winze is talking about conventional electronic ignition..

I believe they are interchangeable.

Reply to
Chief Wiggum

They are interchangeable. I have helped with this change out several times. A lot of people around here seem to end up using 4 banger body and have everything left over in the end.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

Good. Glad to know it will swap. Thanks all.

Brad

Reply to
Brad