PRO PRODUCTS INTAKE ping CJ

I was mucking about in Ebay when I ran across a vendor selling carb

>intakes from a company called Pro Products. At first glance, they >looked like direct knockoffs of the Edelbrock line, but it seems they >have incorporated some useful revisions. Prices look pretty good. >Anybody here seen or used them? Feedback?

CobraJet

My friend went 8.42 1/8 the other day out of the box! he's driving a 4 cyl. 87 lx coupe with a factory stock 5.0 engine with a X 303 cam,headers, pro products (edelbrock RPM style) intake, 650 holley DP,a little port cleanup on the E7 heads, stock C4 & 4.88 gears. I recurved the distributor so it would advance quicker and it immediately ran 8.21 1/8, still have to play with jets,timing,shift rpm,etc. roller rockers are the next addition,I believe high 7's are going to be easily obtainable. Total invested is under 4000.00 including repainting the car!

Reply to
winze

Nothing like a 12-second car on the cheap! Cool beans. Watch out for that stock C4! Thanks for replying to an old post. Good memory.

When I posted that inquiry I was considering putting a small block car together for some Street Tire class (13.50-up) action. Since then, I obtained a '65 Galaxie project car that the owner stuck a 460 SVO HO based engine into, and never started it up. It has ported heads, .614" lift cam, Stealth intake, small converter, tricked C6, etc. I'm pulling that out of the '65, but haven't decided 100% which car will get it. It's obvioulsy too much for Street Tire, but at least it's together and ready to go (almost). Pics are here:

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet

I love those 65's they are my favotite big Ford, have you considered fixing it up? they are big cars but don't really look that big on the outside, they look great with a little rake,some ET mags and twins sticking out past the rear bumper, of course you need the obligatory

390 + FE with a lumpy solid cam,4 speed, and straight thru glasspacks!
Reply to
winze

The car will be for sale without the engine, trans, or mags. You want it?

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet

I'd love to have it......but if you read my latest message in the big block group you'll understand why I can't have it. Just for curiosity what would it cost to have it shipped to N.C. straight down I 40? and what kind of price did you have in mind?

Reply to
winze