Damn Kids!

You try to raise them right. Try to teach them some values. To be
respectful. To do the right thing. All those years I spent being
involved, the teaching, the mentoring and what's my boy do? He buys
his first car and he buys a Mopar. A Dodge Magnum. Does he get the
standard R/T, so his dad can keep his horsepower bragging rights?
Nope. He one ups me, and gets an SRT version with a raging 425
ponies. The final blow, it's black WITH tinted windows. I'm still it
shock. Why would he do this to me? He knows I love V8 Magnums. He
knows the SRT version is one of my dream cars.
Damn kids!
Patrick
Reply to
patrick.mckenzie84
In article ,
I had a comment about bringing him into this world, you can also... But after reading Repairman54's comment, I have to agree. At least he didn't buy a fart can, chain saw sounding, rice burning, boy racer, POS. Yeah, that last line was longer, I shortened it. /grin
Reply to
twk
.
Nope, not my boy. I've been extremely fortunate. Never had a lick of trouble raising him and he's become an amazing adult.
While I always took him to car shows, the drag strip and building car models together when he was growing up I never realized how much influence it had on him, until the last year or so when he started telling me how much he loved this SRT Challenger near his place. And now he buys this Magnum... like I said before, I'm still in shock.
The car is a beauty! He got it with only 18K on the ticker and it's super clean, and with a very clean Car Fax. And it romps. Definitely a car you want to make sure you have it pointing in the right direction and have a firm hold of before pulling the trigger.
Patrick
Patrick
Reply to
patrick.mckenzie84
That one's on my wish list too. One benefit is that the kid will need a steady and well-paying job to keep gas in it. Fortunately kids-these- days can save their rear tires with the traction control -- *if* they keep it engaged.
BTW, I cured my own Magnum covetousness by picking up this thing in February:
It's an '83 400i automatic. 4.8 liter (293 ci) mechanical FI V12, 310 net hp, 4100 lbs, 2+2.
Reply to
180 Out
in messag= e
om...
I guess those Facebook photos don't link. Try these:
Reply to
180 Out
in mess= age
.com...
This one too:

Reply to
180 Out
I've loved those car since they debuted. Luckily, the Mopar guys are going to bring it back. The exec who cancelled is now gone and the Chrysler's car guys want it back.)
No problem there. He has the skills, education, career path, and now experience, that he'll never have an income problem.
VERY cool!
Still have the GTO? (How's it treating you/)
You know I changed vehicles, right?
Patrick
Reply to
patrick.mckenzie84
Hi Patrick. Yes, we've still got the '04 GTO automatic. Four years and nothing but oil changes and air filters and, just last week, a power steering hose. I am spoiled for old '60's iron forever. Those LSx engines are the s#!t.
You had a Cobra forever -- a 93 was it? When I first showed up in ramfm in 2000 I believe your namesake no-op 5.0 was already history. So the Cobra's ridden off into the sunset now too? What is your bad ride now? If it was me it'd be a '03-'04 Cobra, with a pulley. But that would be awfully non-no-op wouldn't it?
Reply to
William Henley

Site Timeline Threads