Driving imbecile's next lesson

For those out there who don't know this; The inset lanes provided for intersectional turns (the lane on the inside with the curved line that tells you to ENTER at that point) are NOT meant to be entered when you get all the way to the traffic light. Doing so cuts off people who are already in the lane who are under NO obligation to let you in. Two days ago some goofball blithly decided to enter the left lane at the last minute, and nearly hit me. You enter the lane where the lane opens, often over a hundred yards from the intersection.

Reply to
RichA

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike

On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 19:41:19 -0400, RichA wrote something wonderfully witty:

In my neck of the woods there is a dashed line that turns solid at the beginning of those lanes (right or left). You're supposed to be in the lane prior to the start of the solid line as crossing a solid line is a ticketable offence. What ends up happening to me a lot is I get stuck in those lanes when I wanted to go straight as there is usually little to no warning that it is going to become a turn-only lane.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 17:39:33 -0700, Spike wrote something wonderfully witty:

Seem plenty of idiots make a left turn from the right lane across multiple lanes of traffic or vice versa, right to left changes. I saw two idiots do it at the exact same time once. Left turn from right lane & right turn from the left lane across three straight ahead lanes. I half expect them to get out of the car and high-five each other like the squirrels on the auto insurance commercials. There were certainly plenty of drivers on the other side of the light looking at each other in amazedly stunned manner. I could almost hear the collective "What the Fuck" mind transmission.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Unless it's a location I use often, I find the same situation. One in particular, on the way to my house, I must remind everyone which lane to be in at the intersection. Seems just about everyone who crosses there get's stuck in the wrong lane before they realize it.

Then there are the "killer" lanes. a center left turn lane where traffic from both directi>On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 19:41:19 -0400, RichA wrote