Electrifying Performance

Our [performance] "future is so bright, gotta wear shades"?

Hmmm... maybe EVs won't be so bad after all.

This is a good read... take a look..

Reply to
NoOption5L

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Very cool stuff. The X1 is basically a full-size electric RC car without the RC.

Reply to
Joe

$100,000? I can buy a lot of gasoline for that.

Reply to
.boB

I agree. calculated like this, it's not a super good investment: Electric car: $100,000 purchase cost (no electricty cost for recharging included)

2006 Mustang GT convertible $30,000 gasoline at $4 a gallon $70,000 = 17,500 gallons 17,500 gallons at 20 MPG 350,000 miles

While this isn't totally accurate, (there's no operating costs calculated) it would take a LOT of miles and a LOT of driving to reach the break even point buying that "new" technology"

I bet it would be really "kewl" to accellerate out of the slot with only the "purr' of an electric motor to keep you company, but for me, I like my "roar" of the mustang just fine and I'll leave the "rest of my "retirement fund" in the bank drawing interest.... Might be "irresponsible" to think of the environment that way, but as long as we're burning gas vapors out of the top of every refinery because it "costs to much to package them" I'm not going to feel too guilty with the "old technology" causing "global warming"

John

Reply to
nobody