F-303 cam install

I installed a F-303 cam a while back when i installed it just just lined up the marks (was this right?) now it never has had the looping sound i was lookin for and it tries to run hot. should this cam been degreed.

85 H.O. airgap intake and 650 double pumper took the bump out of the exaust port and a very open exhaust system all this at the same time, with out a thermostat it gets very hot very fast. any info would help

Thanks kevin

Reply to
kevin

HELMUT RONER

It's fine that way with stock heads. A waste, but still fine.

Where do you have the timing at? You need to put a 180 (at the minimum) degree thermostat back in there. Check your TPS with a multimeter and make sure it's around the mid 0.90s volt range. Work of this sort calls for all new tune up parts like plugs, wires, cap&rotor. Did you change all these? Do you have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator? If you do where is it set at with the vacuum hose off?

Helmut Roner Beat Up 1988 GT

Reply to
HELMUT RONER

I have the timing set to 12 and a 180 thermostat in it now. its carb so no TPS. I did all the little stuff like springs ect. the only thing i couldnt go on was something like Rush heads. On the waste with the cam i got a very good amount of power out of the engine above 3000 and it pulls hard tell about 5700 or so. Its the heating prob i cant finger out and a fairly smooth idle. I thank you for the info Helmut Roner

Kevin

Reply to
kevin

you could have installed the head gaskets backwards and you need a thermostat & a good fan, the e,f & x cams are not that lumpy IMO.

Reply to
winze