Fan to Radiator distance

I have a 66 inline6 that I replaced the 2 core radiator with a 3 core Transpro Ready-Rad from AutoZone. Now the fan is less than a 1/4" from the radiator. I was thinking of removing the spacer and cutting it down about 3/4" but when I took the fan off the spacer and fan are one unit. The spacer looks like it is riveted to the fan. I would like to use the same fan/spacer, can I just grind the "rivet", shorten the spacer and somehow bolt the spacer back to the fan or do I need to get a new fan and proper length spacer.

Richard

Reply to
rburge58