Radiator to fan clearance

I have a 66 inline6 that I replaced the 2 core radiator with a 3 core Transpro Ready-Rad from AutoZone. Now the fan is less than a 1/4" from the radiator. I thought I would just cut down the spacer but when I took the fan off the fan and spacer are one unit. The spacer looks like it is "riveted" to the fan. Can I just grind the "rivet" off, cut down the spacer, and bolt the fan and spacer back together or do I have to buy a new fan and spacer kit?

Richard

Reply to
rburge58

would not cut the fan prolly fly off into your pad if balance is out flaying blades will happen

hurc ast

Reply to
kenny gee17253