fiberglass vs carbon fiber (1st gen hoods)

I've seen tons of fiberglass hoods and rear decklids, and frankly the quality has been pretty poor. The excuse being that "it's fiberglass, you
can EXPECT that it needs to be worked". Pretty lame excuse if you ask me. Corvettes are all fiberglass and I've never heard of their stuff having to be completely reworked just to fit, let alone look right. Anyone ever seen a CRAPPY Corvette bodywork from the factory? Me neither.
Now there's Carbon fiber hoods out there for our early ponies. Is the quality any better? I know it's lighter, but if I'm not racing it, I'm not worried about weight. I'd rather spend $600 for a hood that doesn't need to be worked than $400 for a hood that needs $300 of work done to it to get it to fit. If it weighs less, then that's a bonus.
Anybody have experience with these new hoods?
Scott W.
'66 HCS
Do you have a link to the new hoods?
Paul

it
The only experience i have had with carbon fiber is on my shift knob... which has deteriorated (twice, replaced it once) from being in the sun. Chances are it's not typical of the material, but the cracking in the resin does give me some concern.
Kate
[...]

Mustangs Plus is carrying them now.
Scott W. '66 HCS

I am going to make the assumtion you are looking for a hood for your 66. There are ALOT of cheap poor quality fiberglass parts out there regardless of the vehicles year (early to late model)
Check out: http://www.maierracing.com / I have known and dealt with them since the mid 80's and believe they have an excellent quality product. This is the manufacturer for Mustangs Plus here in California.
TIM -aka- MUSTTANGUY "at" AOL "dot" COM http://www.PonyPerformance.com

Site Timeline