fluid leak at rear wheel?

Just noticed that the inside edge of one of my rear wheels is wet... looks like oil but could be brake fluid... going now to pull the wheel and check it out. Has anyone had any fluid leakage trouble with late model Mustang GTs? Any common issues I should be aware of? thanks (`03 GT auto)

Reply to
Fred

I pulled the wheel... seems to be some oil seepage from the axle as I suspected. I cleaned the rim and reinstalled. Will wait another few hundred miles or so and see if it continues. If so, I guess I'll be heading to Ford for a warrantee repair. It's possible that the seepage occured back when the car was still "new" and I just noticed the evidence now... it's somewhat common for new seals to seep a bit until they are broken in. I had a rear rebuilt once on another car, all new seals, etc, one axle seal leaked a small bit for the first 200 miles or so and then was dry from then on. I hope that's the case with the Stang because I sure hate having anyone touch the car, even Ford, even under warrantee. But.... anyone else ever have an axle seal leak problem on a late model GT?

Reply to
Fred

Ahhhh, I love those mistakes. This will NOT cure itself, there is a very real chance that (after a "few hundred miles"), you will be purchasing new brake linings because of contamination. Jeez, it's broke, get it fixed..... if you don't trust the techs at your chosen store why on earth would you trust their salesmen???

Reply to
Jim Warman