Ford Catches One Of Toyota's Big Fish

I work from home and have the TV on all day and still haven't seen one commercial yet.

Ford has f*#cked up time and time again by killing off their long time models. Just a few that come to mind are the Taurus, Escort, Thunderbird, Cougar, Crown Vic, Sable etc. Then there were some shorter term vehicles that had good reputations like the Contour and Probe. Killing the Taurus though had to have the other automakers jumping for joy and shaking their collective heads in bewilderment.

IMO, they should have morphed the Taurus into a cross over vehicle and it would have been as radical a move as when the original Taurus hit the showrooms but that move is three years too late now. That Taurus could have been touted as redefining the family hauler.

Either that or your favorite football team changed its name and relocated to a new stadium on the other side of town and didn't bother to tell their fans. Then they wonder why the seats are empty on game day.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

lol

EXACTLY!

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

Read an article on him today in the paper. Apparently, he's a "good guy". He used to hobnob with the little people in Toyota. Took a doorman (I think) to a Lakers game once. Gazillion dollar seats. That's the kind of guy the article painted him out to be. If it's true, there's hope yet!

Michael Johnson wrote in news:MqWdnX3c9tIx- YranZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

either...

historically

marketing.

Reply to
Joe

Huh? Don't tell me you haven't heard of the Taurus X???

(Is that what used to be the Freestyle?)

I guess Ford really should advertise more.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

The only way I know about the Taurus X is I visited their website to research a statement I made in this thread. Otherwise, I still wouldn't know it is for sale. BTW, the "X" version looks like a Volvo wagon knockoff to me.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

Reply to
Michael Johnson

Although maybe they should try that now, I mean from head on the new GM truck looks like a Ford and from the ass end it looks like a Dodge.

Reply to
WindsorFox

Yes they should. Looks like they have some Toyota people already on the design team, that new and upcoming Flex looks like that horrible little shoebox Scion with a Lincoln grill shoved in the front.

Reply to
WindsorFox

Ford reported 250 billion dollars profit this year. Take a drive in to your local town and look at how many f series trucks, mustangs,and ford suvs are on the highway. I know in the area of s.c that I live in you cant even keep count.GM had to make up some b.s employee discount just to keep with Ford. The worse they say they are doing the more we as brand lovers want to help bring them back up. If Ford or GM are broke with all the 07 and 08 models they are selling, someone has a bad crack smoking problem. Dont believe the media thats what they want you to do.

Reply to
Chris

Why is Ford's stock so low if they are doing so well?

Reply to
Michael Johnson