Ford Racing Parts

Hi all...

Looking through Ford Racing parts on-line, there is a upgrade "power package" for 87-93 5.0s. See it here.

It lists rockers, pulleys, fuel pump, headers and an EGR spacer (plus a tranny) and the catalogue reads:

"Ford Racing's GT-40 parts, dyno tested at 305 Bhp, gives you increased horsepower over production 5.0L HO Mustang engines. Ford Racing recommends these GT-40 parts be installed on 1989-93 model 5.0L Mustangs with mass-air electronic fuel injection and T-5 transmission for best results."

Does this make sense to anyone? 305 horse from just these changes? (The

94-95 package has less parts and boasts 290hp). Seems like a waste to buy a supercharger... this *must* be with the heads, no???

Thoughts guys?

Thanks.

Brad

Reply to
BradandBrooks

It does not appear these parts have been tested on animals, so they are of questionable quality & may pose a danger to domestic pets.

Rob

BradandBrooks wrote:

trainfan1

Michael Johnson

headers are good for about 20 - 40 or so

rockers, fuel pump egr spacer do nothing

pulleys just change power around, can cause car to run hotter or stall at lights

I would add a blower first.

there are some good buildups that list the HP per step in some old 5.0 mags.

If you want to do 300 HP+ you need to change injectors

their "dyno test" is not telling you the whole configuration. Stock 93 is at 220 HP

Reply to
Noman Lapetos

Well, I guess nobody is catching on.

The "parts" are tested to 305 Bhp, they don't produce 305 Bhp. They will deliver reliably to 305 Bhp, where they were tested. the 305 Bhp is attainable with a combination of the GT-40 parts, which have been tested to 305 Bhp, that's all.

I like to walk in to the Bath & Body store & ask if their shampoo is safe for my dog.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

'93 was downgraded to 205hp. That's why I bought it. I couldn't handle the

225 that the '88 model was putting out.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

I remember the 92's were rated at 240(?), but the 93's were rated at 220 Ford had some lame excuse to drop 20 because nothing had changed between models.

I had a 87 which was speed density and it had more HP than closed loop 93' Mass Air. I drive a 93 with 8# boost dynoed at 320 HP, easy to drive once you know how the tires brake loose from the road under various conditions.

need 24 or 32 size injectors to get to 300, it leans out too much with stock

Reply to
Noman Lapetos

Ahhhhhh.... thanks Rob. Appreciate that. (And all the other crazy answers too...) lol

Brad

Reply to
BradandBrooks

The '93 Cobra may have hit 240hp, but the 93's were 205. Since the high water mark in '88, there were incremental changes in the pollution control equipment or some such nonsense, that finally forced Ford to pin the advertised power at 205.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

"dwight" wrote in news:-7ydneYjxqWkCI_bnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

I can vouch for dwight's accuracy as I own one as well. I have no clue where the "220hp" came from, as it was 205 advertised. Real world was a different story.

Reply to
Joe