2002 Mustang HP suggestions

Just recently purchased a 2002 'stang coupe, with about 49k miles on it. All is is excellent shape, and I have no complaints.

Just wondering though... I don't think anything is actually wrong with it, but it seems a little lacking in power when accelerating from a stop while going uphill. I've learned to get around it by giving it lots of gas initially, then easing-up on the accelerator as I come to the peak. This works fine, but strikes me as a bit hard on the engine.

Accelerating from a stop when level or downhill is fine, as well as uphill while already in motion.

This is just the standard V6; it's not a GT.

Any suggestions on inexpensive ways to improve the performance in these situations beating-up the engine? Not looking to turn it into a rocket, just want a little more punch uphill.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
jwardl

A set of new rear gears...

Reply to
John S.

I also meant to type "it won't increase your HP but will help give you better acceleration like you want... " (hey, it's Monday...)

Reply to
John S.

Automatic? I've just become a believer in shift kits.

dwight

dwight

Auto -- you are correct.

Reply to