Hacking Up A '93 R

It's his car, and obviously he can do what he wants to it, but why do this to an R model?

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Patrick) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Evolution?

Joe

Looks to me like the guy is using the car for its intended purpose...racing. He just likes going in straight lines! :-)

Good for him!

Reply to
Mustang_66

It's really not so basturdized that it wouldn't be easy to be put back to stock at a later date.

purpose...racing.

Reply to
Sauger

Heh, all it's missing is slicks, skinnies, and a mini-tub job. If i win the lottery I will try to buy as many of them as possible and mod them all beyond restoration to originality.

Helmut "original means boring" Roner

1988 GT
Reply to
HELMUT RONER

Why not just start with a 4-cylinder or even just a basic V8 model?

Patrick "Use 'em, but don't hack 'em up" '93 Cobra (only minor bolt-ons, but raced often) '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

No shit. There are plenty of good "hack 'em up" candidates out there. There is no reason to hack up a car that had a production of 107.

Mike

1995 Eagle Talon TSi
Reply to
Mike

Like was mentioned, it doesn't appear to far that it can't go back. He didn't use the original block when he redid it either. The worse is the cage - that can be covered up later, if necessary.

Actually rumor has it that he heard about going 8.7's with a nitroused, turbo 4 cylinder Eclipse. Since he can't break into the 8's with that old Ford V8, he's scrapping it for some Mitsu-power... supposedly he got the idea reading some magazine. He was quoted by an anonymous source as saying, "Try and tell me I don't have muscle, running in the 8's!" :)

Steve BBB on a stand.

Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

LMAO :-) Here's a vid of that very car running 8.9xx.

I have an in car vid too. Cool sh*t!

Mike

1995 Eagle Talon TSi
Reply to
Mike

True enough, but he doesn't need an R model shell to do what he's doing. Seems pointless, and expensive.

lol That's right. When you're running 8's, it's sort of hard to argue against that point. Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

I would love to have that car! Stock or not the '93 cobra R is on my list of cars to have. If I had one, I don't think I could keep it stock either, and i'd probably drive it all the time :) Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

LOL, I'm still waiting to win the lottery myself. I keep calling the lottery office to see if I won and they keep answering my question with a question: "Have you bought a ticket?"

Reply to
Greg B.

Erik D.,

But neither the '93 Cobra or R are really that much different from a regular V8 model. So if you're going to heavily modify, you might as well just get a GT or LX V8. Hacking up an R model, you're just killing your future resale value.

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

If I can ever afford to buy a cobra R, I would buy it to have and keep it and do what I want with it. I would not EVER buy a car for its "future retail value." Thats just me though. I completely understand what you are saying, I just think differently thats all :) .02 Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

BTW, I have big plans to "cut up" my lightning and mod it to hell(as soon as money allows). :) I also plan on keeping it forever though. Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

You're kidding, right? I don't think he's at all concerned about future resale value. I think he cares about racing.

---------------------------- "Patrick" wrote > But neither the '93 Cobra or R are really that much different from a regular V8 model. So if you're going to heavily modify, you might as well just get a GT or LX V8. Hacking up an R model, you're just killing your future resale value.

Reply to
Mustang_66

Just curious, what is resale on a '93 R?

Blue Gator

Reply to
Blue Gator

I'm not talking about sealing this car up in a big Zip-Lock bag waiting for it to increase in value. Yes, use it, drive it. I'm only talking about _not_ hacking it to death so when/if he ever sells it later it's still a Cobra R, and not some tubbed-out Pro-Street disaster.

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick