Pics Of The '05 GTO

Scroll down the page a little bit to see the pic.

So what do you think?

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

Something about that looks like it's some sort of aftermarket body kit.

Try this link:

Steve

72 Skylark
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

HOLY CRAP!!! They put the steering wheel on the wrong side!!

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Since you asked, I think it will age about as (ahem...)..gracefully...as all other Pontiacs age.

Funny thing, Patrick, our next car is either a 2005/2006 Cadillac CTS, OR, my wife is actually beginning to like the Dodge Magnum wagon. She knows very little about the 340hp option which I will insist on, but it gets good mileage.

I'm just a bit on the fence with Mopar/Dodge quality. Dunno if I want to commit to that purchase for quality reasons. I wish Ford made a similar vehicle.

sigh

Vic

2kGT 5m blk suspension upgrades
Reply to
Victor DiMichina

On 30 Jul 2004 21:00:37 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Patrick) wrote something wonderfully witty:

I happen to be a yellow car guy. The pics at

got mymotor running, but not enough to reach as deep into my pockets as Iwould have to in order to be able to put one in the garage. Shouldhave never sold my `72 Goat, but that is another story.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Patrick) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

That picture looks horrible. But from the other's I've seen, at least the car's got what looks like dual exhaust now. Other than that, it's typically boring GM .

Joe

There was an automatic 04 GTO at the drags last night. Ran 14.70 on factory tires. I didn't think they would outrun a new Mustang GT. Well, at least the slugs that were at the drags last night. Scares me to see newer 4.6 Mustangs running high 15's. Are the Mach's much quicker?

BTW: A V6 Buick GNX made a couple 12.5 passes. Came back around, ran a 11.90 and went home. No roll bar. Them damned things run. There was a kid there with an Accura NSX, box stock, best it could do was a 14.0. I'd still take it if he would give it to me:)

Al

Reply to
Big Al

"Big Al" wrote in news:O3VOc.55$ snipped-for-privacy@news.uswest.net:

Off the showroom the GTO will easily beat a Mustang GT.

They'd better be. But I think the GTO will still beat any Mustang except for the Cobra. The one thing I'll say for GM is that their LS motor is fabulous.

The GNX is an amazing car. Ask Steve or Mike. The guy who cuts my hair at Supercuts has one that runs mid 12s also. He's got over 10 grand into it so far. Very streetable too.

Hell, I'd take an NSX if someone gave it to me too. No way I'd buy one though.

Joe

The front has that generic Pontiac look. The rear looks like a Neon.

Ford tried to update the classic Mustang looks in the '05, and did a fairly nice job. Not everyone likes it, of course, but not everyone likes lasagna, hard as that is to believe. Pontiac should try the same with the new GTO, although a short, stubby GTO with its ass in the air is still going to be a short, stubby GTO with its ass in the air no matter how Pontiac labels the marque.

But give Pontiac credit: at least the new GTO will have a V8. They could have made it a four-banger, like Ford did with Mustangs for so many years. Thankfully, GM resisted that ungodly temptation.

Reply to
doc

NSX isn't a strip car... it's more of a twisties kinda car. It's nice and all, but you can buy two new Cobras and still have mod money left over for the price of the NSX. My house didn't even cost as much as a new NSX would.

I'd have to say that if someone gave one to me, I'd take it.. and sell it for something better and have some change. It's styled like an Italian, but it sure doesn't run like one.

JS

Reply to
JS

"Joe" wrote

Factory Rice!!!

Reply to
66 6F HCS

Interesting that everything that the "yanks" bitch about not having seems to be what they're bitching about having added - thus ruining a good thing.

Different strokes for different sides of the equator. :)

Of course I still love the old 5.0 notchbacks and their rather pedestrian looks. I just wish Buick would adapt one of them and create a GS again.

Steve

72 Skylark
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

Interesting analysis. My favorite "recent" Mustang is still the 5.0 notchback. The car is pretty boring visually - but I don't look at the outside, from the inside!

Steve

72 Skylark
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

"A Guy Named Steve" wrote in news:7mbPc.5840$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net:

Allow me to clarify, Steve. By 'boring', I'm referring to the GM styling. Fox coupes (and even hatches) are anything but boring. They have style, substance, and actual edges. Current GM styling has no style, substance, and the cars are all rounded.

Joe

Gotcha. Well, now that Chrysler has their boxy new vehicles, and the Mustang in coming out... we'll see what follows.

Remember when the Dodge Ram was controversial with its bulging hood and low slung fenders - then everyone else had them?

Maybe GM will do something similar in the future.

Of course the only reason we have the GTO as we do, is because it already existed elsewhere. I saw a silver one today at a car lot. I had to double take to see if it really was one. It pretty much blended in with its surroundings. There's good and bad with that, I guess. Some times you don't want to be noticed, until it's time to be noticed! :)

Steve

72 Skylark
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

"A Guy Named Steve" wrote in news:7KfPc.5767$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net:

After thinking about this, I've got to admit that Cadillac (not the SUVs) styling is pretty "edgy", maybe a little too much. I really like the 300 and the Magnum, mostly because of the chopped look. The ratio of side glass to side panel is probably smaller than any other maker's cars.

Yep. Now it's commonplace.

They'd better do something with their trucks, as they look horrible. The only truck I dislike the looks of more is the Titan. It might perform, but the front looks downright nasty.

Good point, but I really think GM went overboard on the "blending in" thing. The car couldn't be more inconspicuous.

Joe

No sh*t. The Chebby trucks have looked the same (crappy) for years. On sheer looks alone I like the Dodges best. Wish the could put the Cummins into an F350. Now THAT would be a truck :-)

I must be in the minority coz I kinda dig the GTO. It's understated. Didn't like the one Patrick posted but the yellow Monaro was cool. Yeah it resembles a Grand Am but that's what's cool. A Grand Am with RWD and an LS1 or LS2 soon. Interior's are cool too. I just think they finally put a great engine in a better car compared to the F-Bodys. More of an adult muscle car if you will. If I wanted boy-racer I'd buy the Cobra. The GTO is a grown man's muscle car.

2 cents I realize :-)

///Mike

1993 BMW 525i
of all the old cars
Reply to
TurboMike

I like them too, I would just like a Buick version is all... is that too much to ask?

Steve

72 Skylark
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

Nope. Shitcan the 3.8 and replace it with an LS2/6-speed and make it uniquely Buick.

///Mike

1993 BMW 525i
of all the old cars
Reply to
TurboMike

Now you're speaking my language! Some portholes and trishields would be in order.

Steve

72 Skylark
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve