Falcon XR6 Turbo <Yea or Nay?

Is it...

Bah, keep it in Australia.

or

Damn, why don't we get cool stuff like this?

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Patrick) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Very cool ride. Personally, I think they should turbo the V8.

Joe

While the power levels are OK, I can only imagine what that 38 thou would grow to by the time it was shipped over here. And, it's too heavy. And, it's too effeminate. And, I get claustrophobia just looking at the interior.

I say Bah.

Reply to
CobraJet

I had the same thought about the cost. They compare the Falcon to a Taurus! A Taurus is half the price!

Reply to
Jim S.

That's a shame too.......I remember the days of the original Falcon.....(which the mustang platform sort of evolved from) and it wasn't an "expensive" car....for the 60's

Reply to
Name withheld by request

Yep, I'd drive that or an XR8

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Because ford and GM say so.

Reply to
Brent P

I would like the turbo six in my mav :)

Reply to
Brent P

Dang thats almost as boring to look at as the GTO. They can do a nice drivetrain down under, but they need some new designers for the outsides.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

It's the body of a Contour and the ass of a Focus. At least, that's what it looks like to me.

Reply to
66 6F HCS

Keep in mind, this is what they get instead of a taurus. A real car, defined as one with various I6 and V8 powerplants driving the rear wheels.

I don't think anyone in their right mind wouldn't prefer any of the aussie falcon line up over the taurus. In fact, ford found this out when they tried to sell the taurus down under.

Reply to
Brent P

They also have a 5.4 Boss V8 that has more power than the blown

5.4 that we have.
Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]