MPG For 93 Cobras

Mike R and any other 93 Cobra owners. Just curious as to the sort of mileage your cars get. 85% of my driving is highway and I'm only knocking down 19-20 mpg. I average about 75 mph on the highway always have it in 5th gear, and I just putt around town. I do have 3.55s in the rear, but everything else is stock/near stock. Are my MPG numbers consistent with yours?

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
NoOption5L

Patrick, I never had a '93 cobra but i've been around enough 5.0's and a few '93 cobras to know that you should be getting more than that on the highway at 75. Sounds to me like you may need a tune-up. Try giving it some fresh plugs/wires, cap and rotor, coil, and also run some injector cleaner through it and clean the IAC and MAF sensor. You should pick it up to about 25 mpg. Erik D. '94 white lightning(for sale) '01 white GT

Reply to
Erik D.

Reply to
Erik D.

About 17-18 mpg city. Pure highway driving (taking a trip), 27 mpg averaging 70-75 mph. For both city/hwy mix, I don't have any real figures, but guessing low 20s. They're rated at 17/24. Car is completely stock w/23K miles...

-- Mike

93 Cobra
Reply to
Mike R

those gears will reduce your mileage.

| > Patrick | > '93 Cobra | > '83 LTD | | About 17-18 mpg city. Pure highway driving (taking a trip), 27 mpg | averaging 70-75 mph. For both city/hwy mix, I don't have any real figures, | but guessing low 20s. They're rated at 17/24. Car is completely stock | w/23K miles... | | -- | Mike | 93 Cobra

Reply to
SVTKate

injector

Thanks for the response.

My car is always tuned up. I never let tune-up parts wear out. The tires are always inflated correctly, the alignment is straight, and the oil and filters are always clean.

In the two and half years since I've lived here in Florida, it has NEVER (and I've checked nearly every tank full.) gotten higher than 20. If I beat on it a little, it'll get 17-18. The car runs good... it pulls strong and there are no signs of any gassy smells. My old LX, which also had 3.55s, plus had shorter wheels/tires always did better.

Maybe it's the Cobra's wider wheels, less aero GT nose and rear spoiler that kills the highway numbers.

That's the number I was expecting.

I drove a silver one today. Sweet car! It made me crave an '03-'04 Mach 1.

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
NoOption5L

Yeah, I really wanted a mach 1 badly. I looked into them long and hard. i could have afforded the car, but not the insurance. Maybe in a couple years I'll pick one up. Insurance is insane for a 24 year old with a violation though. With my truck and my car I pay 400 bucks a month. Thats more than my car note :(. Erik D. '94 white lightning '01 white GT

Reply to
Erik D.