Hagerty

I spent an hour and a half filling out about ten pages of information to get a quote from them. A rep called and indicated that they were very concerned that I didn't have enough cars. My wife and I are retired and share a 2002 Camry XLE and my 29-year-old daughter, who divorced and moved back in with us, has her own car. I had to provide driver's license numbers, driving records and auto insurance info about everyone in the household, even though I'll be the only one driving the car. The call became so frustrating, as I was all but accused of lying, that I told them to kiss off and I'd get my insurance elsewhere. Like I'm going to take my $50,000 car down to the corner for a loaf of bread.

Jeez I hate these people.

Reply to
chmficx

You paid $50,000 for a Camry????

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

I almost made the same mistake. I wanted to insure my car for $90K. Got the forms, started the process. My regular insurance agent had originally suggested I go this route because, at the time, his agency didn't offer any kind of declared value policies. Shortly into the process, I got a call from him telling me he could write a similar policy. Came out less expensive. Talk to your present agent, he may be able to help you. Bill

Reply to
Bill

I still want to know how this guy paid $50K for a Camry...

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Maybe the sales chick was just THAT hot. ;)

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires

Reply to
<memset