Hot weather sucks

Especially in a car with no A/C.

Mid 90's today, and unfortunately there weren't any underground spots left in the parking garage. I think I lost about 5 pounds in sweat on the drive home. :)

Here's how hot it gets in a car after 3 hours in direct sunlight:

That's the worst example, but every disk in the box is unusable, and the box itself is a little warped. :(

Reply to
Garth Almgren

I used an infrared heat probe on my dash (grey) after my car was out in sun for half a day. 170 degrees. No wonder dashes crack!

-Rich

Reply to
rander3127

Hey Garth,

I love the photos of your car on your website. You descriptions for each are even better. Stay cool buddy.

SJB

98 SVT Cobra #5098 Triple Black Steeda Underdrive Pulleys Steeda Adjustable Clutch Quadrant Steeda Tri Ax Shifter Borla Cat Back Exhaust MAC Cold Air Intake 02 FLHRSEI 00 FXSTD Stage II
Reply to
SJB

It's been th4e same here high 90's to low 100's for a couple of weeks. Man, I HATE the heat, and my Terrorist doesn't have the air fixed on it yet. Now that I think of it, I need to priortize that right away.

Kate

| > Mid 90's today, and unfortunately there weren't any underground spots | > left in the parking garage. I think I lost about 5 pounds in sweat on | > the drive home. :) | >

| > Here's how hot it gets in a car after 3 hours in direct sunlight: | > | >

| > That's the worst example, but every disk in the box is unusable, and the | > box itself is a little warped. :( | >

| > -- | > ~/Garth - '83 GL V6stang Hatch | > My V6stang:

| > RAMFM Merchandise:

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

No difference in Colorado, except "maybe" an afternoon shower every so often...

Gerry Ft Collins, Co.

Reply to
Gerry

I'm so jealous... you get a shower. I"m sitting in my house at 10:00 pm and it's 88 degrees INSIDE! Oh yeah... this is in WA where it rains all time.

Steve

99 Ranger 4x4
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

Wow Steve... I lived in WA for a couple of years, it never seemed that hot then.

is it me, or is this ust an unusually long hot streak?

Kate

| > Gerry | > Ft Collins, Co. | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

Hey,

Even here in NewfieLand, the weather is abnormally hot.

Our summers are usually around 20^C - 25^C (uhhh... that's about 68^F -

77^F).

This year we've been melting in around 28^C - 32^C (82^F - 90^F).

I'm some glad (a little Newfie dialect for ya) I've got A/C in my Stang.

Greg Browne '96 Vee-Siques

  • Oceanic Consulting Corporation *
  • Current Work Term 1 of 6 *
  • Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science *
  • Memorial University of Newfoundland *
  • Academic Term 2 of 8 Completed *
  • snipped-for-privacy@engr.mun.ca *
Greg Browne

You folks all suck! LOL..All it has done here in Ohio is rain all summer. I think we ahve ahd 1 week of nice ( above 75 and below 95) weather. It only got above 90 once so far..and now the stores are putting up their back to school and Halloween displays...WAAAAAH! (sound of online baby crying)

Matt

Reply to
Matt

I'm a WA lifer, for a reason... and it ain't this friggin heat!!! It's 6:00 pm and it's 82 degrees in the house... a drop of 6 degrees from yesterday. I"m on my way to Starbuck's down the street to meet my wife and our agent to go over an inspection on a house we're buying... it's just too damn hot to conduct business here. At least S-buck's has AC!

We haven't seen any moisture (other than dripping from my body) in the last several weeks.

Steve

99 Ranger 4x4
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

...but it's a "dry heat" :)

Steve

99 Ranger 4x4
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

poooooorr baby.

*patting Matt on the noggin*

Kate

| >is it me, or is this ust an unusually long hot streak? | >

| >Kate | | | You folks all suck! LOL..All it has done here in Ohio is rain all | summer. I think we ahve ahd 1 week of nice ( above 75 and below 95) | weather. It only got above 90 once so far..and now the stores are | putting up their back to school and Halloween displays...WAAAAAH! | (sound of online baby crying) | | Matt

Reply to
SVTKate

wow, now there's a dose of reality.

Kate

| > but I got LOTS of A/C ! | >

| > > Mid 90's today, and unfortunately there weren't any underground spots | > > left in the parking garage. I think I lost about 5 pounds in sweat on | > > the drive home. :) | > >

| > > Here's how hot it gets in a car after 3 hours in direct sunlight: | > > | > >

| > > That's the worst example, but every disk in the box is unusable, and the | > > box itself is a little warped. :( | > >

| > > -- | > > ~/Garth - '83 GL V6stang Hatch | > > My V6stang:

| > > RAMFM Merchandise:

SVTKate

Gee, it's 78 here in South Louisiana. Perhapse you should make sure that new house has Central air...

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Kate, you're a convertible type of person. Imagine not being able to feel confident enough to put the top down more than a couple days in an entire summer just because it always looked like it was going to rain?

It sucks... believe me. :-P I haven't seen my bike in weeks. I don't drive the snake in the rain 'less I have to. They've both been sitting a lot this year. If the weatherman even has the balls to mention drought up here this year I think I'm have to visit the station personally.

JS

Reply to
JS