95 Sunfire- Numerous Problems- any suggestions?

I need to keep this piece of scrap metal running for at least another four-six months. So here's the run down:

Constant Stalling Knocks and pings like crazy turn signals not working temperature gauge inconsistent, goes up and down High pitched squeak coming from some belt- not sure which one Warped/cracked head ( not fixable- already got estimates ) Possible issue with timing belt Air conditioning makes flapping noise when its on full blast

I'm terrified driving this thing, but i have no choice until spring semester is over. What can I do to keep this car running? ( or more like, what can i do to keep it from blowing up and killing me? )

~Siamese~

Reply to
WeRSiamese

months. So here's the run down:

is over. What can I do to keep this car running? ( or more like, what can i do to keep it from blowing up and killing me? )

Not much you can do with spending a lot of money. Sounds like you did not take care of your car. I have not had a car go less then 225k miles before trade in. They ran very well even then but their bodies were shot.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul =?x-user-defined?Q?=BB?=

months. So here's the run down:

over. What can I do to keep this car running? ( or more like, what can i do to keep it from blowing up and killing me? )

I hate to say this but I would venture to say that it will cost you more to fix it tha the value of the car itself. The warped head in and of itself is the worst of the problems but continuing to drive it is killing your engine. Oil and coolant are mixing in the engine and will eventually kill the engine completely. An option if you know a decent mechanic might be to find a used engine and have it put in. You an ussually get those at an auto salvage yard DANGER!!! Loose nut in front of the keyboard

-jaggath-

Reply to
John Gory

Paulie wrote : I never had a car go less than 225K before trade in. They ran very well even then but their bodies were shot.

Paulie,

I thought car bodies held up in Tejas?

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~_~277, 300 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

They don't go bad like in Chicago!!! (I'm from Cleveland and spent my first 28 years there.) What I have found on my uni-body cars is that around 225k miles the sheet metal start to show stress cracks around the the B pillars. I had to keep welding both my Toyota and Chevy Celeb to keep them from breaking in half. The subframes also were showing fatigue cracks. My G/A is showing microfractures in the same places now :( Also, all the other body things go bad, windshields look like they have been sandblasted (probably from the sand storms). Interiors shot, outside lights frosted over, paint burned off from the sun, minor dent & dings, body parts ripped off & missing, etc.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul =?x-user-defined?Q?=BB?=

four-six months. So here's the run down:

semester is over. What can I do to keep this car running? ( or more like, what can i do to keep it from blowing up and killing me? )

Take the bus? Call a friend with a car? Ask your mom to borrow hers for a while? Quite frankly you could probably buy a used car in a lot better shape than yours for less than what it would cost in repairs.

Reply to
WiScottsin