how difficult is it to change the spark plugs?

I have a '99 Mustang GT (4.6L SOHC) and according to my Hanyes manual it says I should change the spark plugs about every 60k miles, which is about where mine is at now. By looking at it, it looks as though you have to remove the fuel rails and other stuff thats in the way. It looks a lot more complicated that the average spark plugs. How difficult would this be? My Haynes manual, unfortunately, gives very little detail on changing the spark plugs if you can believe that. It doesnt mention having to remove the fuel rail or anything, although its obvious you do. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Walker

Erik D.

It's not difficult at all. Six are easy to get to. The remaining two require a special technique, one that I plan to outline on my website soon. Removing the fuel rail is not neccessary.

-JD

_________________________________ JD's Locally-Famous Mustang Page: http://207.13.104.8/users/jdadams

Note: Due to SPAM problems, I can only accept mail from those known to me. See my website for details.

Reply to
JD Adams

Dont pull the fuel rails, I made that mistake. You can unscrew the thing that looks like an injector (theres 8 of them) those are actually the coils. A little maneuvering and each one is out. The two hard ones are under the throttle body (the two on the passenger side closest to the rear of the car). Rest of its not hard at all (as long as you dont pull the fuel line like I did the first time...). Gagan

Reply to
Gagan (mwarrior)