How do you read code in 95 Mustang?

So mom's car got a code. How do you read it? It is now OBDII.

Thanks Shawn

Reply to
FalconGuy

Most parts stores read them free. Write down the code and post it.

Reply to
GILL

Reply to
FalconGuy

Hmm yeah, I missed that. They went OBDII around 95-96? I used to have a reader and code book for my 86GT. They are a little harder to get codes from. Not sure if the stores still do the EEC-IV testing and there was a series of (Key on engine off, key on engine on) diagnostics. Seems I saw the readers somewhere real cheep. But get the codes and check back here, also check these codes

don't tell you the cause but help trouble shoot it.

Reply to
GILL

It depends on the vehicle, a 95 CV/Marquis is, a 95 E2500 not so much. Lack of an ODBll plug is obvious, but having one doesn't mean it is 100% compliant. One quick way to get a clue is goto scanguage.com and see what the support is for a 1995 Mustang.

Reply to
WindsorFo

Reply to
FalconGuy