How long do stock brake pads last?

On a 5.0?

What is the mileage before they need to be replaced?

Thanks all.

Brad

Reply to
BradandBrooks

A lot depends on where and how you drive... there is no time or mileage constraint. For bonded pads, I would replace them when the lining material is down to 3mm above the backing. For rivetted pads, 3mm above the tops of the rivet heads.

Similarly, pads with loose, chunked or cracked lining material should be replaced no matter what the thickness remaining is.

HTH

What is the mileage before they need to be replaced?

Thanks all.

Brad

Reply to
Jim Warman

Pads are cheap. Cheaper than my Power Slots. I like to have them changed every year at inspection time, since they're checking the brakes anyway. At least every other year...

I agree with your 3mm minimum, but I'd hate to see them get that low.

With the stock setup, the bigger problem was the rotors, which warped far too easily.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

"dwight" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

The Power Slots are the best thing I've put on the LX with regards to braking. Not a shread of warping since I put them on 6 years ago.

Reply to
Joe

It depends on how much you stop.

Reply to