Hurricanes and Convertibles

I am worried more than anything about my car's top getting damaged in a hurricane. I live in Miami and so far we have been lucky the hurricanes have forgotten about us but, there are more in the horizon. This year has been crazy with hurricanes, I don't remember seeing so many storms in a single season.

I have a question for the group, besides not parking the car near a tree, what else can I do to protect the top from getting damaged. I might need to seal small holes between the top and the windows so the water won't leak if there's to much rain and wind. What else is there left to do? pray?

Reply to
Pepito

"Pepito" wrote

Rent a spot in an concrete parking garage with a solid wall on the windward side and pray the storm surge doesn't float it away.

Reply to
66 6F HCS

ROLF! ...damn hurricanes!

Reply to
Pepito

Lower your comprehensive deductible to $50 That way, even if the hurry-cane gets ya, you get a new top for only $50.

Kate

| > Rent a spot in an concrete parking garage with a solid wall on the | > windward side and pray the storm surge doesn't float it away. | | ROLF! ...damn hurricanes! | -- | 88' Mustang LX Convertible 2.3L |

Reply to
SVTKate

"Pepito" wrote

Heh, does that mean, "Rolling on the laughing floor"? Get me summa dat weed :)

Reply to
66 6F HCS

Been putting tile down this weekend... must be a subliminal thing LOL

Reply to
SVTKate

ROFL* It's not weed, it is called cronic bad typing syndrome! lol

Reply to
Pepito

How about Snow? How much snow has to fall before I have to worry about the roof collapsing?

Joe '03 gt vert

Reply to
joe

Oh yea, in MY case, you have diagnosed the problem with complete precision!

Kate

| > "Pepito" wrote | >> ROLF! ...damn hurricanes! | >

| > Heh, does that mean, "Rolling on the laughing floor"? Get me summa dat weed :) | | ROFL* It's not weed, it is called cronic bad typing syndrome! lol | -- | 88' Mustang LX Convertible 2.3L |

Reply to
SVTKate

"joe" wrote

Well, I live in Denver and I didn't hear of any convertibles collapsing in any of our blizzards, including the one which dumped 4 feet in one night the winter before last.

Reply to
66 6F HCS

Keep it brushed off and NEVER open it when it's cold.. it'll crack on ya.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate