I dun did it....

After all these years, there is Mustang number 3 parked in my driveway.....

#1 was a 64.5 convertible.... in my youth, it didn't take long for me to trash this poor car....

#2 was an 88 LX coupe with the 5.0... wife was afraid to drive it in the winter so it had to go....

#3 is an 05 convertible.... we just got it in this AM and it struck my eye. Yep, it's only the V6 but, like it's two predecessors, it is red. We also have, on the lot, an 05 silver GT convertible. Price was a little rich for my blood and, of course, the wife would be afraid to drive it in the winter.... But, the V6, with only 13,000 kilometers on the clock, all that is left before I sign on the dotted line is to check OASIS...

Reply to
Jim Warman

Congratulations. The V6 has almost as much power as the last of the

5.0's did so it should scoot pretty good.
Reply to
Ashton Crusher

240 or 260 ?
Reply to
chumley

driveway.....

Too bad the 4.6 doesn't:)

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Congrats, Jim. Keep in mind that the '05 is just about as fast as the old 5.0L cars and there is a great performance after market for the V-6s.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

Really? I guess that rental I had must have been detuned. I kept complaining about its lack of grunt. Couldn't wait to get back to the Frogs.

Not that I'd mind a nice '05 convertible with stick (and spoiler delete)...

dwight

dwight

The 1/4 mile numbers the rags are reporting are putting them in the same league as an automatic 5.0L.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

Yer' dreamin'.

210 net. 215 on a good day for the last of the 5.0's.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

I think the last were down to about 220.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

I had an 88 LX 5 speed, which is often said to be the strongest of that era's 5.0s. and a 90 automatic and now have a 99 with automatic and the 4.6. The 99 blows the doors off the ones with the 5.0.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Michael Johnson wrote in news:B5mdnZP195Kt8sLbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Not mine... ;)

Reply to
Joe

Ashton Crusher wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Depends on which "ratings" you look at. Track results don't lie. Any

5.0 will smear a V6.
Reply to
Joe

trainfan1 wrote in news:gpKdnQNoapXL78LbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@usadatanet.net:

Depends on which "ratings" you look at. Track results don't lie. Any

5.0 will smear a V6.
Reply to
Joe

Well now, your isn't exactly stock. ;)

Reply to
Michael Johnson

Depends on who's driving.

AND, I didn't mention anything about max torque or the torque curve... or that the 4.0 has to turn 5250 rpm to get to that HP(240 lb-ft @ 3500 RPM).

215 hp @ 4200 RPM & 288 lb-ft @ 3300 RPM for the '93.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

Mine is, and I'm not worried.

Reply to
dwight

While we debate the new sixes vs. the old 5.0's, I should say CONGRATULATIONS, Jim! It was the promise of a new six convertible rental that got me to go to Phoenix to meet up with my wife, when she was out there on business. I put several hundred miles on that car, got a few compliments from strangers, and pretty much just enjoyed the hell out of it.

Two complaints - the headrest and the high door sill. Otherwise, top down and that thing was wonderful. VERY impressive turning radius, too, not at all what I was used to. And it had no problem gettin' up and going, or holding 80mph on a steep uphill run. Sweet.

dwight

dwight

"dwight" wrote in news:NeadnS33LelyHMLbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

But yours is a stick. Wonder how mine would fare against yours?

Reply to
Joe

trainfan1 wrote in news:kcmdnfj8G5FE4cLbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@usadatanet.net:

With like drivers, the 5.0 will take the 6 no problem. Just ask dwight. ;)

Reply to
Joe

Yeah, the door sill. It's like the old Cherokee, like getting in and out of a boat.

Reply to
WindsorFox