Installing exhaust

Rein

Hey gang, im installing new exhuast on my car...MAC long tube headers and a MAC off road X-pipe. My biggest concern is the way goin about to install the headers as there is very minimal room...from the looks of it at least. Im thinking loosening the motor mounts and installing them that way...or loosening 1 at a time to tilt the engine...any suggestions? I have a lift and power tools to use for this. BTW its a 2003 gt vert 5 spd

Reply to
joe

I put MAC long tubes on my 90 GT earlier this year as well as the prochamber and catback system. The headers are a pain to install. The driver side required me to remove the steering shaft and jack the engine up. I had to put them in from the bottom to get them in place. I also wound up changing my motor mounts to Energy Suspension poly type and the steering shaft to Flaming River due to it steering rubbing under hard hand turns. This seems to have stopped that problem though. I also haven't found a g-force bar to work with them.

Reply to
Joe Cilinceon

Everything i've read or seen about the modular engines is what a pain in the ass long-tube header installation is. Lifting/tilting the engine is a must, and one bolt (above the starter, i think) can only be removed 1/8th of a turn at a time. The results are plentiful, but don't expect to have them on in a few hours.

Don W

Reply to
Don Wallish