Car Speakers

I would like to upgrade the sound of my car. I currently have a Mustang 2003 with the mach system.

How can I tell what sizes of speakers are currently installed on my car?

Reply to
jay

If you don't have the Mach 460 or Mach 1000 audio systems in your Mustang then all four of your speakers are 5x7. Two top-mounted in the rear deck and one in each door. You can check

for more audio related info.

WES

Reply to
WES

I have seen posts from a couple of people that say you can't replace the factory speakers and get good sound because of the way the amp is biased. If you want better sound, supposedly you need to replace the entire system.

----------------- Jim '88 LX 5.0 (now in car heaven) '89 LX 5.0 vert '99 GT 35th Anniversery Edition - Silver Mods to date - Relocated trunk release to drivers side, shortened throttle cable.

Reply to
AZGuy

Barrett

This is correct. I tried to replace the speakers in my 98 vert. that had the mach 460 system and when you turned it up the system/amps would just shut down. The amps couldn't handle the lower ohmed speakers.

Reply to
Tony Milicia

I have already replace most of the system. I have a JL 500/1 with a jl

12w6v2. On the head unit I have a pioneer dvd with screen and the 9000R master control unit. For the internal speakers, I have a Kenwood 400 Watts.

Now what I want to do is replace the factory speakers with something like Bostons or MBQuart with a JL 300/4.

I just don't know what speakers size to get.

Reply to
jay

To find out suitable replacement speakers and correct sizes, check out

Punch in your vehicle info and their site will tell you exactly what will fit. I wouldn't buy from them, but it is a handy reference when your not sure.

Scott Williams '66 HCS

Reply to
Scott Williams