Just once, I figured

Neither one of them can go that fast unless someone had done more than the usual low hanging fruit types of mods. Judging from the rather immature nature of a lot of his other posts, I suspect this entire episode is the result of random neuron firings while he slept.

Reply to
Ritz

I learned how to drive in Germany and the process is quite involved. One of the thing that the driving instructors drilled into me was to pay attention to the car in front of the car in front of me. If I was reacting to what he did I would be doing it at as least as fast as the driver in front of me if not faster. I really wish we could adopt a lot of the aspects of German driving here in the states, but I would suspect 70% of our population would never be able to get licensed or keep it.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

That car won't do it either.

Reply to
Ritz

Would he have not hit the rev limeter at 6600 RPM ???????

: >> KJ.Kate wrote: : >>

: >>> I figured I hit 260kph or around 158mph. : >>>

: >>> *cough* : >>> bullshit : >>

: >>

: >> I gotta call possible BS on an '88 LX 5.0L clocking in at 160 mph. Back : >> when I was invincible and had a long, empty, slightly downhill stretch : >> of I-66 I managed to get my slightly modified '89 LX hatchback up to : >> 135-140 mph and that was about all it could muster. Getting another 20 : >> mph out of it would have taken some serious horsepower. Also, the : >> stability of the car was absolutely horrible at 135 and even if it could : >> have gone to 160 mph I'm not sure I would have had the guts to do it. : >> Also, the conversion factor from kph to mph is 0.621 so his 260 kph is : >> closer to 162 mph. : >

: >

: > Can you read? Its his 2004 Mach-1 he's talking about. Also, at those : >speeds, factory speedometers are (historically anyways) notoriously : >inaccurate. : >

: >Given a factory gear ratio and the high revving DOHC in his car I : >wouldnt necessarily say bullshit. I'd be more interested in knowing what : >his tach said. Ever better would be if he had a quality aftermarket tach : >as you should be able to closely calculate speed based on an accurate : >tach reading. : >

: Well if you read his original message he claimed 6600rpm in 4th. : -- : Zombywoof : : Si vis Pacem, Para bellum

Reply to
KJ.Kate

"ZombyWoof" wrote : -- : Zombywoof : : Si vis Pacem, Para bellum

Pair of who ?

Reply to
KJ.Kate

All I know is, that when I was more involved with our fire department, I picked up far too many people with a stick and a spoon. It's bad enough putting someone in a body bag.... having to use a scoop shovel to do it is worse.... much, much worse. I realize that what I have in mind will be ignored by some, treated with disdain by others....

If you want to go real fast... there are places to do that... If you want to screw your brains out... there are places to do that.... If you want to drink your face off... there are places for that.... If yopu want to watch a movie... there are places for that.... None of them are publicly used roads. Every last one of us leaves home expecting that every last one of us is going to respect the rules of the road. If we keep dropping loose cannons into the middle of the equation....

Common sense is still on holiday...

Reply to
Jim Warman

In a DOHC? You had a cobra, didnt you ever wind it past 6600?

Reply to
cprice

Kate, I am not trying ot stir the pot, but wasn't our Cobra's rated to do 155 mph in stock form? and isn't that basically the same motor the new Mach's have?

Scott

Reply to
Scott Van Nest

Shut up warman.

Reply to
cprice

I thought I remembered reading that the aero-headlight Fox-bodied Mustangs were pretty aerodynamic. IIRC, they had a lower CD than the SN95s that replaced 'em.

Reply to
Garth Almgren

An old family friend was a trucker until one night he was carrying rolls of steel and had to jam on the brakes. Apparently a couple of the rolls weren't tied down and just came right through the cab.

I always leave trucks a lot of room.

Mike

Mike Patterson Please remove the spamtrap to email me. "I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin

Reply to
Mike Patterson

This is one of the main reasons we see so many who don't.

If more people would drive as if nobody else is going to obey the rules, they'd be more defensive in the way they drive.... and more would make it home.

Reply to
Spike

parabellum... as in 9mm : 0 )

Reply to
Spike

That's a unique view, Spike... crazy part is that it might work in some areas...

Reply to
Jim Warman

What... is everyone from Calgary an asshole? Do something... offer an opinion... offer an alternative... but don't sound like a parrot....

Reply to
Jim Warman

LOL Thanks for the.... say was that a positive? negative? or a positive negative???? : 0 )

All it says is to expect the worst from other drivers and if you're smart, you'll be a lot more cautious...

This is the way a lot of patrolmen are taught... Always expect the other guy NOT to drive properly in order to be prepared for the unexpected.

This is why, during a flat out response on a 2 lane road and approaching a 4 way stop, slowing, I pulled out to pass the cars lined up and as I reached the stop line, the lead vehicle hung a left right in front of me. Then stopped dead. A tap of the brake and hit the gas and slipped between the rear of that vehicle and the nose of the next in line.

Had I not expected someone to do something stupid, I might not have reduced speed, and a TA could very likely not have been avoided.

NOTE: After arriving and handling the situation, both I and my partner kicked back to have a smoke and relapse, when the shaking set in so bad neither of us could hold a lighter steady to light up. Damn near splashed all the coffee out of my thermos, too.

Reply to
Spike

: >Having driven a Tractor Trailer for the better part of my life I'll : >give you a few tips.... : >

: : >Drive safe! : : An old family friend was a trucker until one night he was carrying : rolls of steel and had to jam on the brakes. Apparently a couple of : the rolls weren't tied down and just came right through the cab. : : I always leave trucks a lot of room. : : Mike : :

My little brother is a trucker. I have ridden with him some, and learned several years ago how stupid I was sometimes. Since, I give them plenty of room and try to let them in when I can.

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Mine used to hit the rev limiter (guv-ner whatever) and fall on it's knees right around there, that's why I was asking.

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Hey Scott! How ya doin kid! Hell, you aren't stirring a thing :)

The speedo said 160. Highest I ever had it was just over 130

Yes, I do believe that the Mach has the same engine, and that's why I called bullshit

Do you really think he had the speedo that close to pegged? By that speed the Mach's tounge should have been hanging out.

If YOU were going that fast wouldn't you LOOK and KNOW how fast you were going? I sure as hell would have known. Braggin rights and all that.

KJK

: > I figured I hit 260kph or around 158mph. : >

: > *cough* : > bullshit : >

: >

: > KJK : >

: >

: >

: :

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Silly, I KNEW that part, I was wondering what the heck the rest was LOL

: >"ZombyWoof" wrote : >: -- : >: Zombywoof : >: : >: Si vis Pacem, Para bellum : >

: >

: >

: >Pair of who ? : >

: parabellum... as in 9mm : 0 ) : -- : Spike : 1965 Ford Mustang Fastback 2+2, Vintage Burgundy : w/Black Std Interior, A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok; : Vintage 40 16" rims w/225/50ZR16 KDWS BF Goodrich : gForce Radial T/As, Cobra drop; surround sound : audio-video... : See my ride at.... : Feb 2004- http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/003_May_21_3004.jpg: Feb 2004- http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/005_May_21_2004.jpg: Jul 2005- http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/davescar_7_11_05_002.jpg: Jul 2005- http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/Engine_rebuild_006.jpg

Reply to
KJ.Kate