ME412 - 850 HP, 850 LB-FT

365 cubes, V12, quad turbos... just further escalation of the horsepower wars. Ford does the new GT, then rumour has Chevy building a "Blue Devil" Corvette with over 600 horsepower, and now Dimler Chrysler is tinkering with this monster. And it sounds to me that if there are enough buyers D.C will build it. It's targeted to run 0-60 in 2.9 seconds and a top speed of 240 mph. But when does this war end? 2000 HP, 0-60 in one second, top speed 300 mph...? It's crazy. Anyways... check it out.

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

What's scary is that they tend to bring these things to life!

Let's just hope it doesn't get whacked in half and end up being a twin turbo V6!

Steve BBB on a stand.

A Guy Named Steve

Of course we all know someone that could afford one of these...... exotica will remain in the realm of exotica..... any dork with a big wallet can go much faster than anyone here. Your chances of having one of these blow you off at a stop light are probably somewhere twixt slim and nil...

Too bad that most of the folks that can afford something like this don't ask me to road test them...

Jim Warman

Bang on Jim. Personally, I never "worry" about Vipers, 911s, this new Dodge... cause I'll probably rarely if ever see one. Yes, they exist. So does the F-50 and the Bugatti, but my chances of lining up to one of those is slim to nothing... thus, so are my chances of losing....

Brad

Brad