Pontiac Azteks Are Awesome!

I want this Aztek!

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

like something the F&F crowd would REALLY like. GAWWWWWDY!

Reply to
Keith

Let me get this straight. The guy responsible for giving the Aztek the green-light is now heading up the performance division? OMG, I _can't wait_ to see the new Camaro...

If GM gave this guy a blank check for that thing, I can only hope they're as free-spending on something worthwhile.

"2003 Pontiac Ultimate Aztek No Laughing Matter: GM silences critics with 665-horsepower monster Aztek"

I dunno,... I'm still laughing. :) __

John C. '00 GT Convt. '03 Cobra Convt.

Reply to
John C.

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Patrick) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Cool. But I'll bet the supercharged V8 Focus will beat it. ;)

Joe

"Patrick" wrote in a message:

Read the last paragraph of the article. It says:

---------------------- Of course we asked about the potential of ever seeing anything remotely close to this put in production, and Reuss calmed our fears by saying, "None." Still, we wouldn't mind seeing this little model pace a lap or two, just for the giggle factor. After that, we'd be content to see the word "ultimate" applied in its other sense: last of a series.

----------------------

I doubt anyone will ever get to buy one of those. Besides, if I remember right, it stated in the article that they are killing that model next year or shortly after.

Reply to
GEB

Well, if it weren't for the Aztek, there wouldn't have been the term "Aztek ugly" : ) John

jriegle

Still like the original concept '05 Mustang. With the vague gauges and miserable, "vision of 2005 in 1965" interior, I wouldn't have bought one if it had 700hp, unless it was $15,000 and I could put the '04 dash into it..

Neat idea though... and not even quite as ugly as the original....

JS

JS

I don't care if it has 1,000 hp, and belches 8foot flames !

the "Ultimate " Ass-tek is one that is emerging from the business end of the crusher !

they make nice coffee tables I hear !

Chief Wiggum

Fast? Yes. Fun? Yes. However, it's just Butt-Ugly. The rear end looks like a tour bus that's recieved a serious boot in the ass.

Reply to
.boB

::delurks::

Hell yeah!

^_^

Reply to
Snowy Rose

Has anyone every met a person who liked the Aztek looks? How bout someone who will admit to liking the looks?

I'm sure the designer of the Aztek went to work for Honda after Pontiac gave him the boot. How else can you explain the Element?

Erich

Kathy and Erich Coiner

I want YOU to STFU!

Reply to
SVTKate

Yep, and here's the bottom line:

"Above the beltline, the truck is true to Aztek heritage, although the origami rear end has been angled downward, rounded out a bit and fitted with a new spoiler. Door handles, mirrors and front fascia also get fittingly refashioned. "

And the grotesque body cladding was removed.

I other words, everything that made it butt-ugly was refashioned. Yeah, that makes the production Aztek better :rollseyes:.

Granted, I wouldn't mind driving that beast but it is an Aztek by name only :).

Dan

2003 Cobra convertible Some stuff and things
Reply to
Dan Talso

Actually, I gotta agree with Patrick on this one. The Aztek was no doubt one of the ugliest production-run vehicles in history.

Styling aside, however, this Aztek kicks some serious ass. Short of maybe, MAYBE 1 or 2 people in here, none of us would stand a chance against it.

And would you ever expect that an Aztek was packing over 600hp?

It is the Ultimate Aztek... the Ultimate sleeper. I'd take >I want YOU to STFU!

Reply to
Matt

"Kathy and Erich Coiner" wrote in news:pTmdb.14726$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrddc03.gnilink.net:

That some people simply have no taste whatsoever?

Joe

It certainly goes without saying that Element purchasers have questionable taste.

Reply to
Kathy and Erich Coiner

I almost got kicked out of the Pontiac/Buick/GMC dealership back when the Aztek was fairly new and my parents were buying the Regal. I scared off at least a couple potential Aztek buyers (mostly twenty-somethings with vacant, glazed looks in their eyes) by casually saying things to them like "My God, who would want such a hideous... thing? It redefines the word 'ugly!'" and "What were those designers at Pontiac ON, anyway? LSD? That /thing/ is so ugly it almost hurts to look at it!"

One of the salesdroids asked me (not very nicely, I might add) to keep my voice down. :)

Reply to
Garth Almgren

Of course not. They'd be shielding their eyes to prevent being blinded by it's fugly-ness. ;)

Reply to
Garth Almgren

I heard it referred to as a *car* needing an exorcism on the police radio one night.

Don Manning

oc_code=index&content_code=01386060> > >

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

Leno has eclectic taste in cars, I dont agree with some of them he calls "Classics" and even he says the Aztek's the ugliest car ever built in the US.

On National TV.

O'Donnell's is white and her kid's schoolmates call it the Marshmallow Avenger

Patrick opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic