Mercedes V12 in Chrysler?

Is that a hot version of the S class V12 in the CHRYSLER! 850HP NE four-twelve prototype that they are showing at NAIAS?

Reply to
greek_philosophizer

The articles I read says its an AMG-designed engine. Obviously since AMG primarily modifies Mercedes engines, its no doubt heavily influenced by Mercedes. But an AMG engine is no more or less a Mercedes than a Keith Black Hemi is a Chrysler or a Falconer is a Chevrolet.

Reply to
Steve

Here's a real good story on the car that was posted on turbododge.com

Tom Heintz "Mopar Maniac"

Reply to
Tom & Debbie Heintz

I disagree. AMG is wholly Mercedes-owned and is essentially there in-house tuning arm. It's a Merc engine in my book (and in my database ;-)

Ciao

Zak

-- ========================================================================

Searchable database of 10 000+ car specs========================================================================

Reply to
Zak McGregor

I have heard the car is a prototype and they intend to have a running version this summer. Do you think it will go into production? It would seem to me a smart move, they need a blinding halo.

Reply to
greek_philosophizer

It's a Mercedes concept and if it goes into production it will essentially be a Mercedes model.

Why they are calling it a Chrysler I have no idea.

Again with the halo. Chrysler already has a "halo". It's the Viper. Even the viper is prices beyond the means of 99% of anyone considering buying a Chrysler. This V-12 "Merc that wants to call itself a Chrysler" would be priced even higher and production numbers even lower than the Viper.

Chrysler had a "halo" car that was shown at the Detroit Auto Show in Jan. 2000. It was the Hemi 300 convertible, and we could have been driving them 2 years ago if Daimler didn't takeover Chrysler.

Why would I want to reach you?

Why are you posting private information like that? Are you nuts? Is that someone else's phone number - and not yours?

Reply to
MoPar Man