Merkur Xr4ti engine into a 2.3L 1990 Mustang?

Hi, a buddy of mine is giving me his engine, as he wrecked his old Merkur. I'm looking to throw the turbocharged 2.3 L SOHC into my car, and I'm not finding too much info on this project. If anyone's had any experience with this, is there anything I should know about? From what I understand, this engine is the same as was used in the mid-80's SVO. Thanks,

-Mike

Reply to
msolyom

Just about the same except for the engine specs.. same with TC and XR-7

Have to swap out the PCM and its harness, as well.

Not really worth it, unless you like the novelty and challenge..

And I know...I've done three of them, for various reasons

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Novelty, challenge and a combination of the two??

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Why do you say that? I'm thinking of putting this combo in my '66 Mustang coupe. Partly because it would be a novelty (never seen one), and partly because I think it would be a nice daily driver. The gas mileage from the V8 isn't all that good.

Reply to
.boB