More hints of a small block 427

Another Mustang mag was touting this rumour. Personally, since the Vette is getting one, I think perhaps it would be a good idea for Ford to consider putting one in a specialty Mustang, rather than have the top echelon dominated by a smaller blown engine. It may be "old school" but the engine will be more desirable, IMO than the alternative.

-Rich

Reply to
Rich

Rich wrote I think

Why? Fewer parts and (relative) ease of service is all I can think of.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Rich,

I haven't seen anything about this. Where have you read this at?

Personally, I agree. Blown motors are great for making big easy horsepower, but a larger displacement motor can still put out decent horsepower and do it for less money.

Patrick '93 Cobra

Reply to
NoOption5L

l m f a o

please patrick show the math

make warman and i RICH

suck that gas h u r c a s t

Reply to
fordman3

Oops.

Sorry, I must have stepped in something.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

2006 CHEVROLET CORVETTE Z06 ON SALE: Now BASE PRICE: $65,800 POWERTRAIN: 7.0-liter, 505-hp, 470-lb-ft V8; rwd, six-speed manual 0 TO 60 MPH: 3.7 seconds (mfr.) FUEL MILAGE (EPA COMBINED): 18.8 mpg Patrick '93 Cobra
Reply to
NoOption5L

The bore spacing on the modular V8 is so small they would have to have on hell of a long stroke. The 5.4 already has a longer stroke than any standard Ford car V8. Longer than a 514 stroker 385 series. The now obsolete 351W could do it. And it even has a real crankshaft:) And Edelbrock just brought some good heads for it. Not that Ford would even think of bringing it back...

You can add a blower to anything. Starting with a decent engine only helps.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

I just saw a couple or three a week ago at the Carlisle Vette show. Magnificent is the way i describe them. At least you'll know it when its running down the road. GM brought back the coke bottle look for these cars. All 4 corners are flared out and the interior just screems that this is a race car legal for highway use. The cost is a bargain compared to the Lamborghini that passed me on the way to the show. I saw it coming from about 3/4 of a mile back, very low to the ground, I had no clue what it was until it passed and I could see the marquis on the tail.

...Ron

--

68' Camaro RS 88' Firebird Formula 00' Mustang GT Vert
Reply to

I was browsing a bunch of performance mags and it was mentioned. I seem to remember this engine (not the modular, as far as I know) was used in some kind of "one off" at shows about two years ago.

-Rich

Reply to
Rich

Rich,

Yes, that 427 motor made rounds under the hood of one off show car called the 427. There was also a 6.1 liter "Hurricane" engine Ford was developing that got scrapped. But as of right there are no new V8s in Ford future, that I know of.

Patrick '93 Cobra

Reply to
NoOption5L