Mustang as recognizable as Harley ?

While the wife and I were out last night on our way to a dinner cruise we parked the Mustang and had to walk about 2 blocks. We were waiting at the cross walk when I heard that all to familiar sound coming down the street. I knew what it was just had to wait a second to see it, and then it dawned on me. The Mustang has had a sound all its own which is quite recognizable just as Harley Davidson has. I can hear one driving down the street or just starting up and it has "that sound". I can not think of any other vehicles that are as recognizable by just its exhaust sound/tone as the Mustang and Harley.

Just one of those things that make ya go Hmmmm.

TIM -aka- MUSTTANGUY "at" AOL "dot" COM

Musttanguy

Tim, when you talk about massive pop culture, most things only last a short amount of time, only a few things last for years, much less decades. Harleys, Mustangs and Star Trek are the few things that I can think of that has lasted for 4+ decades.....

When you think about it, Harleys, Mustangs and Star Trek are ALL great things.

Reply to
Ralph Snart

Yes, it is. My mother, the ever consummate Harley person and Mustang person can tell you the same. My wife and I can tell you the same.

I have long noticed that the Ford trucks have a sound of their own, as well as the Chevy trucks.

I would have to say 99% of the time I am right when I guess a car to be a Mustang solely on it's exhaust note.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

Only difference; Mustang weighs the same as a Harley and goes much faster. :)

-Rich

Reply to
Richard

After driving a 91 Z-24 for several of my younger years, I was able to identify this cars my their sound too.

Not unlike people, cars have their own traits. Those of us with convertibles know too that some cars smell good and some cars smell *bad*.

Reply to
Kenny

On 26 Apr 2004 18:22:29 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com (Richard) wrote something wonderfully witty:

Any time you want to lose some money attempting to prove that theory, let me know. I have been told I am not allowed to use a broadsword to disprove ?The Pen is Mightier than the sword?.

Reply to
ZombyWoof