Styling bars, who has them in there verts ?

I was just curious who has the styling bar/light bar w/ LED light in their convertible Reason being is we are about to release a new module that will automatically turn the LED bar brake light off when the top is up and on when the top goes down. It will also be capable of alternating light bar brake light and trunk mounted brake light depending upon whether top is up or down. If say the top is up, the trunk mounted light will be on and the bars off, but put the top down and the trunk light will turn off and the light bars will be operational.

TIM -aka- MUSTTANGUY "at" AOL "dot" COM

Musttanguy

automatically

Reply to
cobra boy

I have one.....It dosent really bother me when the top is up, I dont notice it after a while. here is a pic of mine.

Bryan

2003 Mustang Convertible

-17x9 Cobra R's

-275/40/ZR17

-Light Bar

-K & N Filter

-90/100 Watt Ion-Blue Headlights

-Red Calipers all around

Reply to
Bryan S. Moore

Hey Tim, check around a bit on the laws. I know in some states, you are prohibited from doing anything to the third brake light. When I installed truck equipment a while back, customers would want their original 3rd brake light disconnected after getting a camper shell put on. We had received notice from some agency ( can't remember which) stating that we could NOT do this even if we were replacing the original with another one.

As well, from a certain year and up, you can't put on a camper shell without it having a 3rd brake light on it.

You know me...I am not trying to be a smart ass, I just want to make sure nobody comes after you!

Let me know what you find out.

Don Manning

automatically

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

Interesting door mount satellite dish... any reception problems going around corners? Or are you always heading south?

Reply to
Scudder

And you know I appreciate the advise, this something I hadn't thought about .... BUT the kits would need the installer to snip a wire in one of the module's connectors for this function to work, thus putting the liability on installer/owner to check their states specific law.

TIM -aka- MUSTTANGUY "at" AOL "dot" COM

Musttanguy

Very true...which is why they/someone should find out about the Federal side as well.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper