My Drivers Side Window moved out of the track...2000GT

Hello All,

My 2000 GT Convert had the drivers side window 'move' about 1/3" forward. My door won't close correctly.

My Brother tells me that the window regulator is the issue.

Are the Later Model Mustangs bad at suddenly chewing up window regulators? It happened so fast (over the period of a few days) that I think it should be just something came loose in the door and let the glass move forward.

Anyone else with this issue ?

Bill

(Not Bill S.)

Reply to
Blix

My 98 did that. The regulator tore itself up, literally. Ripped the metal...

mort

Reply to
Mort Guffman

it's most likely a bad motor on both problems. this is probably the best time to replace it. it's better if you can check some of these i found:

heavyonmetal

There is a stop on the bottom edge of the door glass, towards the front of the window. These stops are bonded to the glass with an adheasive. Frequently these stops will come loose and allow the window to travel upward alittle further in the front causing the window to nick the molding on the A pillar (windshield post) when door is closed. Alot of times you can hear the stop rattling around in the door when shut. If this is the case a windshield repair shop can re-adheasive this stop back on and all willl be well again.

You may have to pull the door panel and take a look to confirm problem.

Hope this is helpful

Tim (Musttanguy) PonyPerformance.com

Reply to
Musttanguy