Toyota 06' Highlander power window lift arm pops out of track ?

Left rear door, power window, suddenly stops going up and down. Power window motor runs the lift arm moves up and down. The glass can
be slid manually up and down. But no auto-power window lifting.
I pulled the trim and the lift arm has a square piece of plastic that slips into metal channel at bottom of the glass. The lift arm had popped out. I was able to slip the lift arm into the track from the end of the metal channel. The channel appears to have a special flared end that makes slipping the lift arm in easy when you get it into the proper position.
**BUT** lift arm pops back out within 3 up/down window cycles ?
Can not figure out what happen / Why ... The arm seems straight there have been no wrecks or damage to the door. The lift motor mechanism does not appear to have any adjustments. Nothing appears to have broken or bent anywhere ?
Any ideas about what to look for would be greatly appreciated.
robb
P.S. apologies for cross post on a non-toyo site. The toyo sites have very little traffic and most of it is religio-phobic-ranting.
On Sat, 02 Apr 2011 15:14:28 -0400, robb wrote:

Hey! I resemble that!
Actually, I'm not religious, or phobic. However, I would take a look at the alignment of the arm. It could be something got wedged in there and caused the original problem, and then knocked stuff out of alignment. Also, what's the condition of the plastic? Is it frayed or scored somehow? Rough edges, like something snapped off? A threaded hole where s screw fell out?
Pictures would help...or Ray O...
"Hachiroku ハチロク" wrote in message
On Sat, 02 Apr 2011 15:14:28 -0400, robb wrote:

Thanks, for the useful and helpful reply. I examined all the components involved very carefully and they did not appear to be any damage, wear, cracks, deformation etc...
obviously i am missing something because it still has the problem BUT i can not get it to reproduce the track hopping consistently. Just running it up and down does not seem to hop it out it depends on an up and down cycle at the right moment. Whicj i have not reproduced yet.
thanks again, robb
[...]
**** Robb, Try spraying silicone lubricant in the side tracks of the window. Do not use WD-40 or other lubricant as it may soften the rubber gaskets.
You can use aerosol lithium grease on the regulator where the arms cross.
Make sure that the motor is anchored properly and not shifting.
--

Ray O
(correct punctuation to reply)
"Ray O" wrote in message

Thanks Ray O, For the reply and help.
I found the problem for any who own these vehicles.
Problem: ------------ The rear door window lift brackets on the highlander (others?) is pretty marginal design.
There is a 12 inch metal "lift bracket" that slides onto the bottom of the rear door glass. It is wedged onto the edge of glass over a piece rubber channel.
Well "wedged" and "slipped over" should give all the hint that is needed.
Upon inspection i noticed that the metal "lift bracket" had shifted (slipped) backwards along the edge of the glass about 1.5 - 2 inches. This is enough of a shift that the regulator lift arm will just barely slip out of the end of this "lift bracket" when the window glass is about half way down and therefore disengage the regulator lift arm from the glass.
Solution : ------------ Remove the glass from the door and slip the bracket back into the proper position. Additionally, possibly, strategically apply some sort of silicone adhesive to slow or stop the bracket from slipping in the future.
hth others
robb

==================== Perhaps some of that black Sika, Sikaflex 291 adhesive would be good - flexible, waterproof and very strong. Most hardware stores carry it.
http://www.sika.ie/ie-tds-Sikaflex_291.PDF

[...]
********** I wouldn't glue the glass in place or it will be a bear to replace if the glass is ever broken. Get a piece of an old inner tube to use a shim to grip the glass.
Ironically, I just worked on the regulator for a friend's Blazer this weekend.
--

Ray O
(correct punctuation to reply)
replying to Ray O, mtoyo wrote: I know this was a long time ago. But what is the position on the glass that it needs to be in. I have this same issue with my 04.

Site Timeline