Need info on GM ignition module and Ford Duraspark distributor hook up.

Somewhere on the internet, I'm hoping in this forum, I read about a poor man's ignition system for Ford engines. It was how to hook up a common GM ignition module from the 70' or 80's to a Ford Duraspark distributor. Anyone here know about this? If so, please let me know. Thanks. Danford1

Reply to
Dan

Search groups.google.com if it was here, it will most likely be there.

Reply to
Brent P

Why don't you just use the duraspark module with the distributer That's what I did on my 70 F100 302. And I mounted the module inside the cab away from heat. It's been fautless and it's never serviced, cap rotor stator pick up all original 18 years ago

Reply to
monkeyboy via CarKB.com

Maybe you're little confused by the terms some guys use, the TFI coil is an HEI coil... and the Duraspark, converted to HEI is more reliable and stronger than stock GM HEI

I think THIS setup is what you are looking for:

Note the thing STARTS with the larger High Energy cap and rotor.

Other results:

Backyard Mechanic