Ignition, Starter problem

HI I have a 1966 Ford Mustang Coupe 289 V8 and I am having trouble starting it. I got a new starter solenoid, new spark plugs, plug wires, and also a new ignition switch. When I try and start the car the starter is still on enev though It is now on the start position and it still does it when I take the key out. My question is how can I fix this?

Reply to
lookupsayaw530

Started with one problem, ended with another .. right? I'm thinking you have something wired wrong... like maybe the small wires on the starter relay?

when did THIS problem show up, what was the original problem, and what the hell do spark plugs have to do with it.

To get good answers you have to ask a good question. You know... "GIGO"!

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic