New 03 GT coupe cost? What did you pay?

HELP! I want to joing the 'stang club! I was hoping to find a Deluxe coupe. The price is lower than the Premium coupe. Even the largest dealer in town who has 50 Mustangs in stock has no Deluxe coupe. Why are these so rare?

The premium seems to run in the $25K range. There is a $3,000 rebate now, getting the car down into the $22K range.

If I can't get the car to under $21K, I can't have a Mustang GT: (

Now with dealer invoice at $22,777 base (Premium coupe) minus the $3K, its at $19,777 so there is some room. I assume the dealer can work the rebate that way? If the dealer is getting the cars for less than the invoice, there may be possibly more wiggle room. If you got a 'stang recently, how did you fare?

Thanks, John

Reply to
jriegle

joe

I bought My 03 GT premium in late November and also paid 23K with the rebate.

Reply to
Dennis Gonsalves

Here in Massachusetts in the Sunday Globe Quirk Ford in Qunicy was advertising coupes and verts at $6000.00 off the sticker price. Picked mine up from them last July at $5000.00 off sticker. Martin 2002 GT 5spd AutoMeter Lunar Gauge cluster K&N Hurst Billet Plus shifter In the next 2 weeks Magnaflow Cat back 1986 Fiero GT 4spd

Reply to
Martin

John,

Got My 03' GT Vert in March. After some negotiating I paid 25K including tax. My approach to buying cars is basicall this.

1) Got to the dealer armed with your research on pricing and know what you are willing to pay. Edmunds.com is a good place to get pricing info. 2) Negotiate Price and Price alone. Don't allow the dealer to confuse you with rebates, low interest rates or trade in values. Also Don't be intimidated by the "Manager" or "Boss" or "The Owner" coming to talk to you. Remember as much as you want the car -- they also want your money. 3) After you agree on price, then discuss the financing and rebates. Do not be afraid to Walk out of the showroom if you don't get your price.

The MSRP on my 03' Gt Premium Vert was 30K. From 30K it went almost immedialty to 27K. We were stuck at 27K for a while until I got up to leave (I was dying to take the car home!!). At that point they went into their routine of "Let me go talk to my manager" routine. A few minutes later they agreed to my price.

You also have to go in with reasonable expectations. In other words you can't expect to buy a car with a 30K msrp for 15K :)

Joe

03 Gt Premium Vert
Reply to
joe

When I bought my 00 Impala, we negotiated until we were 350 dollars apart. They wouldnt budge and neither would I. Seemed like such a little amount on a $20K car. I kept them there 45 minutes past closing over that amount and then got up and walked out and went home ( ireally wanted that car too!)

The next morning they called and wanted to know if I would split the difference. I told them no, i was firm about my price and i was done negotiating. They put me on hold for a minute and then said..OK, the car is yours!..Then when I got their I made them throw in a watch and hat from their accessories counter for all my trouble!

So stick to your guns!

Matt

Reply to
Matt

The situation in Norway: (For those who are interested)

Tese Cars are among others that are listed today:

1999 (!) -Ford Mustang SVT COBRA V8 - (all options, no modifications): 66,702 US$ (Today's exchange rate)

1994 Ford Mustang 5.0 GT V8

39,967 US$(Today's exchange rate)

I'm not kidding here...!!!! We have enormous taxes on cars. They are calculated after weight, horsepower and engine volume. I do NOT have the money for å car like this..No way...

I have not found out what a new one will cost, I think it would only be depressing. It's so sad, but I think I never, ever, will get the 03 Cobra I so much would like.

Reply to
Aimo