What price should I pay or what did you pay for an '03 Outback Wagon...

.....All Weather Package. Not the H6 3.0. Thanks!

-MvD

Reply to
MvD

Perhaps a little more information would be helpful. Manual or automatic? Limited or not? What other options, if any?

Reply to
Gina H

Max I would pay for a new car is invoice plus a couple percent - esp. for a Legacy - I bought my current car (WRX wagon) for $100 under dealer invoice.

The more popular or new a car is, the harder it is to get close to invoice - the new Forester XT, for example - though I doubt it has been going for MSRP like the WRX when it first came out over here, you probably can't get the dealer to go as close to invoice as you would be with a basic Outback.

Reply to
David & Caroline

Manual - Not Limited - All Wether Package - No ther option available.

Reply to
MvD

So you asked for more details...I gave them, now are you going to have a answer for me now?

Reply to
MvD

I did get the H6-3.0, but the deal was relevant to your question. The Suby dealership in Columbus, GA, was offering *all* 2003 Outbacks, Foresters, and Bajas *at invoice* when I bought my H6 Outback Wagon there this past June. The purchase had to be from dealer stock or what they could get from another dealership within a reasonably short distance.

What the dealer meant as "invoice price" was exactly what was listed on the Edmunds or Kelley Blue Book websites. There was a dealer holdback of around $300 in effect at the time, but I didn't get it. Also, in addition to the usual "destination charge" of $525, I was charged a "docking fee" of $199. Otherwise, WYSIWYG--no dealer prep fee or unexpected add-ons. That's one reason I really like Suby dealerships, compared with others. I also got 24 months of financing from Subaru at 0% APR. I was going to pay cash, but the salesman said, "You might as well use Subaru's money for two years."

The official Suby incentives and rebates have changed, apparently. I just checked the Edmunds site, and it said there is a "cash to customer" rebate of $1000 on the H6 and $1250 on the 4-cyl Outback during the month of July. The 0% APR financing is still in effect. My dealer's website also lists the rebate but no longer advertises invoice pricing on Outbacks. Invoice prices are still available on Foresters. Those rebates are listed according to zip code, so YMMV. These prices are all U.S. $.

C. Brunner

Reply to
C. Brunner

Thanks C

I got the '03 Wagon (All Weather Package, 5 speed, Silver ; ) for $20,100 . Great deal I think. I did my research and played a couple dealerships against each other. The first dealership tried to do a "bait and switch" on me. The original price they wanted was $19,988, but when we got down to it the next day they wanted $2500 more for it. I told them I was insulted and they will be reported to the Mass. Attorney Generals office. But lucky for me they were a few of Subaru dealers in the surrounding towns. The dealer I got it from had to get the Silver one I wanted from anotehr dealership in New England (no charge) Had to pay $500 for the "destination charge" and $95 for the "docking fee". They wouldn't throw in the doggy mesh screen, but I tried! HAHAHAHAHAHA My 1st Soobie! And I'm heading to Maine in it next week for a nice camping trip. I pick it up on Saturday. WOO-HOOO!!

Reply to
MvD

Which dealer did you go with? I am currently shopping in Mass for a Subaru Outback. thanks

Reply to
tad

Sorry, I was away from my computer for a few days...but I see you already got one so I won't bother.

Reply to
Gina H

Sorry, was out of town.....Curry Subaru in Chicopee..good people

Reply to
MvD