Re: What did you pay for '03 4Runner?

holdback - what the manufacturer will give back to the dealer once the vehicle is sold. most effective for the dealer if they can sell a vehicle within 30days of receiving it. usually 2% of MSRP (sticker) price.

invoice - something you'll never know. it's what the dealer pays to have a vehicle delivered to their lot.

dealer rebate - usually a reduction in price to the end-buyer, which usually indicates the dealer has special arrangements with the manufacturer in order to help sell vehicles.

actual dealer cost = invoice minus all monies they get back plus all monies the dealer had to fork out trying to sell the vehicle (employees, marketing, electric, etc.)

dealer profit = what you paid minus actual dealer costs.

a good deal for you is when dealer profit is between $800-$1500.

to make it more difficult, ask to see the VIR (vehicle > > You need to play the game.

> > > Walk in with the invoice pricing in hand. Tell them that you understand the > > following things about the vehicle with the specific options that you are > > looking at... > > > > 1. The invoice price is $x. > > 2. The dealer hold back is 2% or $y. > > 3. The dealer rebate is $z. > > 4. Given all this, you are willing to pay this amount.... > > > > > Excuse me please -- where can I get simple definations for dealer > holdback and dealer rebate? > > Ryan > >
Reply to
Kryptoknight