nitrous....

Ok, so i went to the track for the first time (as a driver) in my life... what a thrill.... My best pass in the 1/8 mile for my (new to me)

1966 coupe was a 7.07 @ 101 mph. The car hooks right up, and drove awesome. My only complaint so far is there is no line lock, and the four wheel (mini) drum brakes have got to go. The wilwood setup is in my plans along with a line lock to assist in my poor burnouts. OK, back to my question.... I bought the car to have fun with and leave it alone, but as my wife had already told me before I bought the car, I am already about to swap motors. (OK, so she was right.,...again) I have a 408W sitting in my shop on the test engine stand, and it is awaiting my 68 coupe.... BUT, time is always a problem... the 68 has been sitting way too long. >>> that takes us to where I am today. The 408W which was dyno'd at 472HP, and 502 lb ft of torque will be in my 66 before the end of the week. It is a very streetable 10 to 1 motor, with all the goodies to make nitrous problem free.... main girdle, forged pistons, H-beam Eagle rods, and the works... I have a pro race fogger set up, and am trying to install it on the intake... To make matters a little more complicated, I don't have a good picture to go by to assist with the hard line plumbing. Does anyone know of a good site to get some pictures of a typical install of a pro fogger system from NOS? (Yes, I tried their web site) The picture that is in their little (very vague) instruction booklet, is an old picture and does not show the equal distribution blocks, and where to mount the solenoids, etc. I am willing to make a custom aluminum bracket if need be... Just need a closer starting point than where I am right now. Thanks... and for all you guys that have been to the track... You were always right... It ain't like watching. It's a whole different ball game. Mark Edna, TX Ps- car ran 8.19 at 84 mph on the motor, and with a little juice, ran the faster time above.
Reply to
mrQ

Can I ask what you consider "a little juice"?

Reply to
Jimz466