Oh my God! My math was off!

I thought that gas would hit $1.70 per L if the price of a barrel of oil hit $140.00. A few years ago, it hit $142.00/barrel and gas hit exactly $1.42/L. But now, oil is only $105.00/barrel and gas is projected to hit $1.45/L by Wed!! At this pace, when oil again hits $142.00/barrel, gas will be $1.96/L. It'll be cheaper to run on alcohol!!! $1.96/L is $7.80/gallon U.S. The price of a L of 94-octane premium is now $1.67/L or $6.65/gal.

Reply to
Rich

Why don't you just march on over and talk to those OPEC people Or, on a smaller scale, and less worldly, buy yourself a Honda or something.

Reply to
Gill

Thus spake Rich :

I feel your pain!!!! I paid $3.79/gal yesterday!!!!!

Okay, yanking your chain, although that's the price around here.

Think profits. With the price of oil going up, they have to raise gas prices even faster to keep their margins getting bigger. And have your taxes gone up? I'm not sure where you live (Canada from the prices you list) but I seem to remember a couple of the western provinces increasing taxes last year.

Reply to
Dillon Pyron

It's all my fault.

I've been doing a little oil speculation and keep bidding the prices up. I'm hoping to sell high and make a BUNDLE off you little guys. It's got nothing at all to do with supply and demand, just my own personal desire to get even richer.

Next I think I'll start buying up chocolate.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Gill wrote in news:iqcl0m$u40$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

The price doesn't really bother me. I drive a Sunfire 4-cylinder weekdays, the Mach-1 on weekends, in good weather for the most part. And my work commute is about 15 minutes. So I burn a lot less gas than some stupid soccer mom in a hulking SUV or some city goon in a big pick-up truck. As for OPEC... OPEC no longer has much to do with price. It's speculators. If demand and supply were the only factors, any price rises would be gradual, unless there was some kind of embargo and we haven't seen one since 1979. Even now, an embargo by OPEC wouldn't have the same effect because sources have diversified considerably.

Reply to
Rich

Thus spake "dwight" :

I have some tulip bulbs for you.

And then some great houses outside of Las Vegas.

Anything else you want to buy from me? A New York bridge? An Paris tower? And Egyptian, erh, you can buy one of those, it seems.

Reply to
Dillon Pyron