Oil Pressure Question

I have a 89 GT with approx 135000 miles on it. Engine runs great. Doesn't smoke or anything, not even at startup. With the engine at normal operating temp, the oil pressure gauge runs just a hair above the half way point when I'm cruising along normally. And, drops to about

1/3 when idling. Does anyone know what the approx pressure is at the half way point for this year and model? I'm assuming its around 30. I wish Ford would have put the actual pressure reading on the tick marks.

Thanks

Byron

Reply to
jonezzzman

jonezzzman wrote in news:Q9xOk.6418$be.207 @nlpi061.nbdc.sbc.com:

Those factory gauges are so notoriously inaccurate that it wouldn't matter to begin with. Get yourself a mechanical gauge and stop guessing.

Reply to
elaich

Good advice. The pressure gauges in Mustangs aren't worth much other than tell you there is oil pressure. It should deliver 45 psi at all times.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

your voltage may be sagging, instead of 13.8 could be near 12, even the fuel pump runs out of steam when car idling due to low voltage.

Reply to
AshtarSheran