OT Gory crash pic (is this fake?)

Don't open link if you are sensitive.

I'm just curious if this kind of tragedy can really happen? Aren't these cars full of carbon shell and steel cages that supposedly can't be easily penetrated. I think this photo is fake but still maybe someone knows more about this pic.

Link:

Thanks Ron

Reply to
unixzip

No that is NOT fake. That is Alex Zanardi's crash where he lost both of his legs. I have some other pictures of it, one after the car came to rest and you can he him sitting there (nothing left but the seat) and his legs are just gone. Carbon fiber is no match for a spear of an Indy car going 220 mph. Think also about Tony Renna's crash where his tub was cut in half when his car went airbourne and went over the fence and into a pole at full speed. I haven't seen the pictures but I read it was also gruesome, he was basically cut in half.

So yes, it can happen. Here's another example that was almost like Zanardi's but not nearly as bad:

Large Farva

...and you may not want to open this at work. Although the picture itself is no big deal, but all the things happening on the outside edges could become an issue.

Steve

72 Skylark Custom455

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
AGuyNamedSteve

No shit. The OP needs to learn about pr0n warnings.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

SORRY. I removed the post just now. I didn't know the website would attach all the other crap when I said "mail picture". It did come from adult site but they do have some interesting "non adult" pic section I sometimes look at.

Reply to
unixzip

You can do a Google image search for Alex Zanardi crash and bring up some eerily high resolution pictures of the crash.

Reply to
Large Farva