OT: Zap-X

You had better, Les. Otherwise, it might be very dark there tonight. ;)

Reply to
Michael Johnson

Les Benn wrote:

How much gasoline does a car burn over 100,000 miles? How much oil is used? Transmission fluid? Antifreeze? As for gasoline that is easy. At 25 mpg that equates to 4,000 gallons of gas. This is where battery technology needs to advance. One big problem is that there isn't enough of a market to scale up battery production to reduce cost. The only thing keeping a viable electric car off the market is a set of economical batteries that deliver a 300 mile range and can substantially recharge in 5-10 minutes. Then build the car and let the public decide if they want it. I know I want it and I think when people see the economy of such a car many of them will too.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying any of my ideas should be forced on consumers. I just want there to be a choice. It you choose to drive gasoline powered cars then I think you should have that right. I do think though that when people see the benefits to driving viable all electric cars they will prefer them over ones using internal combustion engines and their reasons will be based on economics and not environmental ones.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 12:39:47 -0700, "Les Benn" puked:

BTW, once we have all this propulsion figured out, what are we gonna replace plastic with?

-- lab~rat >:-) Stupid humans...

Reply to
lab~rat >:-)

lab~rat >:-) wrote:

Plastic can be made from soybeans and corn. It probably couldn't replace petroleum based plastics completely but to some extent. Then we get back into using food sources for non-food uses which I don't approve of on a large scale basis.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

SNIP

As I recall, there were claims to have initiated fusion, but the claimants were never able to duplicate their claims.

The Russians are building a whole bunch of nuclear reactors for power. Can't recall for certain but the number 23 seems to be what I recall the report stated. Other nations are doing the same on a smaller scale. Hope Russia does a lot better job than they did with Chernobyl.

I had that thought about Jupiter long before "2010". Theorhetically, all it has to do is hit 10 million degrees to initiate startup :0)

Reply to
Spike

Providing the Greens don't get in the way. And if you think they won't, consider this... In northeastern California, out in the middle of nowhere, a company wanted to construct two geothermal power production plants. Each required 9 acres out of hundreds of thousands of square acres of essentially empty space. Now, you'd think the Greens would be all for geothermal because it's clean. But nooooooo. They complained that it would "upset the balance of nature" and "be an eyesore". The area is a hot arid desert type region. More people visit Death Vallley that this area.

Reply to
Spike

All the rage a few years back was cold fusion. Even the sun can't manage that! Right now there are a few reactors that can keep a reaction going for a brief period of time but they consume a huge amount of energy to get it started. It is estimated that when a fusion reactors are up and operational they will spin off 10X the energy they consume.

The Russians are like the Chinese. What's ten or twenty million dead between friends? There's more where they came from (especially with the Chinese). I hope they aren't graphite based reactors. They aren't that reliable as we know after Chernobyl.

All it takes is enough hydrogen and mass to get the ball rolling.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

Which brings us to these wacko environmentalists real agenda. They want

99% of the human population exterminated and the remaining 1% living like vegetarian cave men.
Reply to
Michael Johnson

yep that is the problem with the environmentalists. they think that trees can't be planted, water once used is gone forever, crops can't be grown, and everyone except them should walk and live with no heat or air conditioning. I would offer to bulldoze their homes for free so we can return their home site to like it was 2000 years ago.

Reply to
Les Benn

Michael Johnson wrote in news:ZqKdnXJis65K7TzbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

They've got their own agenda just like every other group out there. I ignore 'em all.

Reply to
Joe

Spike wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Are you by any chance talking about Medicine Lake?

Reply to
elaich

Oh, they know trees can be replanted and water is recycled... but you're sure right about only they should have heat, etc. It's elitist, just like the fly fishing types who buy up rivers, streams etc, and restrict it to fly fishing only.

Just look at those who scream the loudest about wasted oil, air pollution, etc. They're the ones driving the SUVs, Hummers, living in the biggest mansions, and have the greatest accumulated wealth.

Naturally, there are exceptions.

Reply to
Spike

That's the region.