PASSED Emissions!

Lol, I finally passed my emissions this morning: After O2 sensors and CTS I had: HC 239 allowed 220 CO 0.09 allowed 1.20

After cleaning k&n filter, MAF, TB, IAC, new plugs, wires (kind of), new PCV valve, oil change, and techron fuel cleaner: HC 73 allowed 220 CO 0.03 allowed 1.20 YAY! This crappy 5.0 must actually be in pretty good shape engine wise.

I do have a spark plug question. The plugs that were on the car were real old ford motorsport ones. I took them off and bought the cheapo Xact ones from Advanced Auto for $24. Well 3 of them were too close to the headers and burned. So I took them off and put 3 old motorspot ones back on.

So I know I need to take them all off and get my money back, but should I buy the $54 ford motorsport ones or are there some that are SO strong they could lay around on the header by accident and not burn?

Thanks!

Reply to
Cameron

I also lowered the timing from 14 back to the stock 10.

Reply to
Cameron

should not be on the header, unless they are not stock headers. Old and new Plugs should match up in all dimensions, sometimes the cross-reference is wrong. If wrong the plug could be too close to piston also. All my wires are twisted in different directions too keep away from headers too

Reply to
Zod, General

Umm, I assume you mean spark plug wires (not spark plugs)?

I highly recommend you go with the FRPP wire set (part number M-12259-X301 where the X varies depending on the wire color). They're numbered and the lengths are perfect.

For plugs I use Motorcraft ASF42C

Good luck.

John V

Reply to
jmvannoy

Yeah spark plug wires is what I meant. I dont see my other post so I guess I'll post it again. They were so close to the headers because the stang has

1.5>> I do have a spark plug question. The plugs that were on the car were >> real
Reply to
Cameron

Good to hear that you passed kid!

What part of TN are you in that they have smog? Nashville, or Memphis?

Kate

Reply to
Kate

I'm in the land of Nashville.

Reply to
Cameron

It's nice up there. I like going for a day trip to the big city.

Kate.

Reply to
Kate