Pity Chrysler (was, The Dukes of Hazzard)

I have attempted to get a point across regarding keeping an open mind with regard to things like what Bush did or did not do, right or wrong, good or bad, moral or immoral, the issue regarding the Battle Flag of the Confederacy, etc.

It is not my intention to get others to think the same things I think, but rather to think for themselves and not be influenced by others who are biased and have an agenda of their own.

Then, a few minutes ago, a friend, who has no idea of the discussions going on, sent me the following which pretty well exemplifies how I look at the world.....

Open Mind

The mind is like a parachute - it works best when it is open.

How quickly do we make assumptions, jump to conclusions and close our mind?

How easily do we form and hold fast to our opinions and then close our mind?

How fast do we make a judgment, slap on a label and then close our mind?

A closed mind never knows the delight of playing with possibilities, being enlightened by others point of view or enjoying the diversity of human life.

An open and understanding mind never assumes, doesn't jump to conclusions and won't hold fast to any opinion.

Perhaps it is no wonder a closed mind is not a very relaxed mind.

Sooo... was it coincidence? Fate? Alien intervention? or X-Files? : )

Spike

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40 16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial 225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.

"When the time comes to lay down my life for my country, I do not cower from this responsibility. I welcome it." -JFK Inaugural Address

Reply to
Spike

elaich wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net:

Actually i would disagree. Its quashed by the media becuase it isn't sensational enough. This is our media come on. We thrive on sensationalism. If they would have actually KILLED the family and the black guy, then it would have made the news.

Reply to
Ivan Otter Rudakov

Boy, you got that right. If gay marriage is made legal that will threaten traditional marriage between a man and a woman -- gays will book up all the banquet halls.

Reply to
rw

They can do the same gala events via civil unions. ;)

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Guess it's simply a case of differing views. Those who do it see nothing wrong with what they do, and those who are against it do.

Still, hopefully, when they look back, we'll get some credit for advances we did make.

Let's not go there. The slavery issue is like a spark in a gunpowder factory. The abortion issue is like Chernobyl.

And I really hope that by then, such things won't be necessary no matter what the reason.

Spike

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40 16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial 225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.

"When the time comes to lay down my life for my country, I do not cower from this responsibility. I welcome it." -JFK Inaugural Address

Reply to
Spike

I'm sure there will be a few good things for them to point at and say, "They weren't all bad".

Or more like a supernova. :)

IMO, the main reason it is done does not make it necessary. It is the ultimate indicator of just how selfish our society has become.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Yeah, I'm sure they'll look back and say... "Hmmmm. Spike and the Johnson giy were Ok for their time..." LOL : )

And people wonder why I wear my sunglasses at night.... : 0 )

That's one I have no answer for. I'm not a woman. I don't have to deal with those issues, so I don't feel right in mandating a prohibition on something which only affects me in a peripheral way. I think that must be a woman's decision. I do think there are times when it is, and should be justified (or at leased excused). Spike