Pix of my kids' '65

Mine was Caspian Blue. My original 65 FB (back in 1970) was yellow... think it was Sunflower. I like the red zone... maroon, burgundy, dark cherry, etc. Even a nice bright red. Of course, black goes with everything... No pastels.... My first Ford was a coral (pinkish) and white 56 Crown Vicky. The darker colors set off the chrome better. And I opt for the low key approach. No flashy flames, etc. Even a low key exhaust sound. I'd rather be like the snake and quietly slip up on 'em and deliver the deadly bite (of course, not with this stocker : ).

By the way, thanks.... guess I did get a decent pc after all.... LOL

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike

Actually, it was the chance mixing of various components which led me to the invention of dirt.... had to have something for my pet Primordial Ooze to play in...... LOL

yeah, we lived on Entrada Dr and, after Pacheco, I had to walk to Loma Verde, across a pipe which spanned the creek. We'd go to the base for the Saturday matinee for 25 cents, including popcorn, or the NCO Club pool. It's been a lot of years since I was there. in fact, I think the last time, it had been turned over to the Navy or something. The Air Force did have boats there for recreation... fishing mostly.

Today, I'd probably get lost just stay>Holy cow! You're older than dirt, Spike. :)~ I went to Loma Verde too. You

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike

Wow! I haven't heard of those towns since I was a kid. I grew up in Terra Linda, a suburb of San Rafael in the '60's and early '70's. My Dad was always a Ford man, but we never had a Mustang. But I do now, a '72 mach 1. I've loved that body style since I was 10 years old. Thank goodness I finally got one. We used to got to Hamilton AFB for air shows. My Mom used to go shopping in Petaluma and Novato.

Do you guys remember Samuel P. Taylor park? Or did you ever go to Luther Burbank's home? (I think that was in Santa Rosa).

I miss California!

-Dave

Reply to
nospam

I'm 4th generation California... and my two kids were born here as well, but I was gone for most of my life with dad making a career in the military, and then me. Once in a while I got lucky for short periods of time. Then off and gone again. In 1987 I got assigned to the SR71/U2/TR1 outfit at Beale AFB, and called it quits. Came back here and settled down from 1988 to 2002 when I lost my spouse to mental illness. Now I think I'd like to go someplace else, but can't think of anywhere I'd like better. It's nice when you can choose between snow skiing and surfing on the same day. I used to hear people complain that California didn't have 4 seasons like other places... It does. We just have them all year long at the same time. : )

My dad had a Ford.... a 54 CAl Lic AUT635 Now... if my short term memory was just as good.... now where did that mouse go... ????

Actually, I have quite a few relatives in the Santa Rosa area.... Healdsburg, etc.

Now I live a couple of hundred miles north of there... Redding